Next handout… 25th of January 2014

Morsbags HomeForumsdates for diaries…Next handout… 25th of January 2014

This topic contains 103 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by ivybags ivybags 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 104 total)
  • Author
    Krisaby
    Krisaby
    Participant

That is absolutely superb Offcuts!

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

We asked Ivybags if she’d like to do a joint handout in a town somewhere between us, on the Devon/ Cornwall border but she’s working that week-end. Hope it’s not too busy for you, Ivybags, and that the weather is reasonable. Don’t fancy it if you have to schlepp up onto the moors in snow…..

We’re still considering all options, but I fancy some traditional guerilla-ing in a nearby town we haven’t visited before. I have a location in mind 😉

sazzie
    sazzie
    Participant

Brilliant Offcuts!

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Thank you Sazzie 🙂

We are also doing a new thing with our Facebook followers. I asked if anyone fancied giving away some of our bags that we have in stock to their workplaces. We have had 3 responses; one lady is giving away 100 to her office – the local dept work and pensions. She is a friend of Butterfly who is sorting out the bags for her. We have just delivered 80 to an out-patients nurse and she will be bagging the nurses, doctors, cleaners, clerks and patients. And finally a lady who lives in the same area as Waley (and has met her) is collecting 30 from her for her work. I love how everyone is contributing.

• This reply was modified 10 years, 6 months ago by offcuts offcuts.
    beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Now that’s a GENIUS idea! ❗ I like it – and it involves new people bagging others, great!! 😀

sazzie
    sazzie
    Participant

I’ve had a rethink…. I’ll certainly be bagging people along the canal…. Whatever their mode of transport – horse, boat,foot, bicycle etc but I don’t think I’ll have enough bags to bag every house on our lane so instead I’m going to bag the other ladies who go to a craft group with me (it’s this Wednesday which I know isn’t the actual date but it’s the closest meeting to the date), and I’m going to make a batch for the staff at Mr Sazzies school, it’s a while since I’ve done that and there has been quite a high staff turnover since my last staff room bagging so it’s about time I got the message and bags out to the new staff. Obviously for the school handout it’ll have to be done on the Friday 24th………. I’m also going to do Butterfly’s FB message which I think is an excellent idea (hope that’s ok Butterfly)

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

@ Beattie, I love involving other people to bag. We are so lucky to have friends and followers on Facebook who are local and can collect the bags. It reminds me of the growth picture on the home page.

@ sazzie good idea to bag Mr sazzie’s school and bag your lane

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

I have just had a lady who works at our hospital pick up 50 bags to give to patients and staff. She is also interested in becoming more involved with morsbagging.

Also our morsbagger Chris has a friend who is an ambulance lady and she is going to give out bags to 2 ambulance stations.

I have also just heard that Mary Scissorhand’s son, who is training to be a nurse is going to give bags to his fellow student nurses.

I am just off to write them all down before I get confused!

JC
    JC
    Participant

I’m a new bagger with only 2 bags made so far but I’m in! I’m a one woman pod in Barrington, IL, USA and I usually meet my brother at the pub on Saturday afternoons, so I’ll be handing them out there. I’m hoping to hand out at least a dozen.

ivybags
    ivybags
    Participant

Thats great JC – and dont forget to take pics and upload them on th Flickr site now that youve joined us

Sarah
    Sarah
    Participant

Great to hear what everyone is doing. I just mentioned on another forum page what I am doing on Saturday 2-4pm – a morsbags ‘make or take a bag’ workshop at my new shop space (exciting!) in The Vintage China Boutique, Francis St in Leicester. I have met up with Offcuts today and collected 30 lovely Offcuts 2 vintage bags and I will be making some too. Don’t know how many people we will get making bags on the day but hoping to get some new interest in morsbags. It may even become a regular event and my friend Caroline who rents the shop has some exciting plans for the future so watch this space…..

I am also excited because I have acquired 2 authentic vintage Singer 66K electric machines to use at the shop – one from Freecycle, one from a local auction for £20 – which I spent last weekend cleaning up and getting running. I traced their history online using the serial numbers and by pure coincidence they were both made in 1930, one in May and one in December. They both work like a dream, can’t believe how smoothly they run and how beautiful the stitches are! Not bad for 84 year olds 🙂

Pics to follow after Saturday….. Have fun everybody x

• This reply was modified 10 years, 6 months ago by Sarah Sarah.
    offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Hi JC. Lovely to hear from you and welcome to morsbags. Great idea to give them away in the pub. Let us know how you get on. 🙂

I’m really looking forward to Saturday. Waley very kindly helped sort out today’s delivery from Leicester Probation Service. They are all ready now to hand out on saturday. I have decided to give out all the bags that are currently stored at my house because (drum roll!) we should be in our new room before the next batch arrive. Thanks to Maggie, Sue and Kay for bag sorting today. We found a lovely note in one of the bags. It was so sweet, I wanted to share. The bags in question weren’t too bad and Kay took them home to sort out

IMG_0170

ROLL ON SATURDAY!

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

I’m sad I’ve only just seen JC’s post! Welcome from me too, JC. I hope you enjoy handing out your bags on Saturday 😀 As Ivybags says, some photos would be lovely if you can take and post them.

Good luck with your new venture Waley! I hope your shop space is successful – and good luck with the make and take session on Saturday. It’s quite unusual to find old electric sewing machines that are still in working order, I think. So many have given up the ghost! I hope yours continue to soldier on reliably for you and your “makers & takers”

Offcuts, I was just wondering the other day how long it is til you move into “Morsroom II”. Good idea to give away the stock instead of schlepping it up the stairs! 😀 Thanks for sharing the note – poor Sylvia must have had a stressful day! Good luck with the move – I hope it keeps dry and frost-free for you all on The Day.

And I hope we all have a dry day on Saturday with lots of people out on foot in our target areas – or we’ll all be bagging our local pubs like JC! 😉

JC
    JC
    Participant

Hello and thank you for the welcome. My goal is to always have at least one bag with me to give away. So far, my plan is working; I’ve given away 3 bags. Time to get busy on more bags for Saturday!

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Normal day for Silvia! Morsroom 111 – remember our first little room with the shutter! We are all looking forward to having our ‘family’ back.

@ JC great morsbagging!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 104 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.