Next handout… 25th of January 2014

Morsbags HomeForumsdates for diaries…Next handout… 25th of January 2014

This topic contains 103 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by ivybags ivybags 10 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 104 total)
  • Author
    beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Hi Cathapple! It’s lovely to hear from you. I know what you mean about spending a lot of time on the beach! It’s a hard decision for me whether to spend time in the garden or in the sea in the summer.

Catherine Appleton
    Catherine Appleton
    Participant

Hi, I don’t generally go in the sea, but it was so hot this summer I did actually venture in, twice (extremee circumstances, lol). It’s good to be back in morsbag world, I’m hoping to find a seam of fabric donors and maybe even bag makers via Friends of Bude Sea Pool, fingers crossed. I hope all’s well with you and Mr Beattie.

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Team Cornwall! 😀

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

😀 !

Catherine Appleton
    Catherine Appleton
    Participant

I went to a good coffee morning this morning, FoBSP are very interested in having morsbags as their merchandise bags – word is going around that I need fabric, and my pod size has already doubled (from 1 to 2, lol) as one lady immediately volunteered to cut, iron and pin bags ready for me to sew. They are going to spread the word – as one lady said, FoBSP has 1500 members, so there must be plenty of fabric (and hopefully bagmakers) out there! They have a stall a couple of times a year outside the supermarkets and want bags to give to people who give them donations – seems like, finally, I might be able to get a good group together and really get the local area well morsbagged – yay!

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Fantastic! Lots of potential there cathapple.

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Fantastic!! 😀 – So long as they’re not being sold (does being given away in return for a donation count as selling Pol?)

Catherine Appleton
    Catherine Appleton
    Participant

Not going to sell them (I know the rules, lol) – people give donations to Sea Pool, if they give a donation then we randomly offer them a bag, that’s not selling, surely? We are mainly going to use them for merchandise, so that’s the main focus

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Can’t everyone have a morsbag?

• This reply was modified 10 years, 3 months ago by offcuts offcuts.
    sazzie
    sazzie
    Participant

Nice to hear from you Cathapple.

Anyone else planning on joining in the fun?

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

“Himself” has made dozens of bags while I’ve been fiddling around with my Christmas competition morsbag! I don’t know where we’ll give them out yet, but I’m sure we’ll be joining in with the handout on 25th January 😀

sazzie
    sazzie
    Participant

Great news Beattie….. The mors the merrier 🙂

Catherine Appleton
    Catherine Appleton
    Participant

It’d be lovely to have enough bags to give them to everyone who comes up to FoBSP stall, but at the moment I’m the only sewing person, so don’t know that I can make enough bags, lol. I’m hoping to find other baggers among the members, I can’t tell you how wonderful it would be to finally have other people bagging with me (after years of solitary bagging) – come the new year I’ll be on the case!

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Sorry, I meant ‘anyone’ not everyone! Good luck building up your baggers! 🙂

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

We are getting on well with our plans in Leicestershire for the National Giveaway

I like the idea of ‘Bagging a Bobbie’ so will be taking bags round to the emergency services including police. fire and ambulance stations and the RSPCA

Butterfly is bagging her village with the help of her caterpillars and has put a message on Facebook to her friends to check they all have a morsbag which I think is a lovely idea.

We have a ‘home morsbagger’ in Offcuts and her husband is a volunteer at one of the local hospitals. They are taking in 100 bags for all the volunteers, 50 that she has made and 50 from Offcuts2, which I thought was great guerrilla bagging

I am also hoping to bag one of our local pubs.

Fleckney pod is bagging their street

Ooh I am still putting a morsbag in one letterbox per day in my area. I like to do it at twilight in my duffle coat with my hood up! 😀

Whats everyone else doing?! I’m getting excited!!

• This reply was modified 10 years, 2 months ago by offcuts offcuts.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 104 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.