Next handout… 25th of January 2014

Morsbags HomeForumsdates for diaries…Next handout… 25th of January 2014

This topic contains 103 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by ivybags ivybags 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 91 through 104 (of 104 total)
  • Author
    JC
    JC
    Participant

I didn’t quiet make the dozen mark to give away today. I had 10 and decided I should keep 1 for myself but I managed to give away the other 9. I had a similar problem that someone else mentioned; I ran into one person who said, “I can’t take this because I don’t have anything to give you.” I explained, again, that the only thing I was asking for was that they use the bag and turn down a plastic bag. Then they asked, “But what’s in it for you?” I told him it would be one less plastic bag I’d see, floating about on the breeze, on the side of the roadway. I still wasn’t sure he’d take it with him but he did!

Krisaby
    Krisaby
    Participant

What a wonderful lot you are! Congratulations to everyone. My goodness Offcuts, your vast numbers of bags nearly made me have the vapours! I love that Wellie statue Beattie, especially suitably decorated. I don’t have time to go to the Catch Up yet, will look up the haddock story later. Well done everyone. Brilliant.

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

I agree with Sazzie, “Wowsers, Team Leicester!!” 😀

I DID add up the numbers – and it takes teamwork and dedication to make and distribute that many bags – Gold Medals to all involved!

I’m glad you managed to miss the hailstorm Sazzie. I hope you dodged the worst of it Offcuts & Grumpy. Well done to Butterfly’s caterpillars who bagged the village en masse

“Well done” also to JC – isn’t it weird that people turn down a free bag? We did get a few who watched from a distance, saw other people getting a bag with no “GOTCHA!” moment – they didn’t have to pay after all, or fill in a form – and then changed their minds, came and got a bag after all. If someone wants to give you something in return it’s perfectly acceptable for them to give you old curtains, or bed linen (though sometimes that can be a bit “tired”).

butterfly bags
    butterfly bags
    Participant

WOW! Didn’t we all do well. That’s a lot of new morsbag users out here!

I am looking forward to going to the chip van next Friday to see if anyone is using their bags!

sazzie
    sazzie
    Participant

According to the home page the next co-ordinated handout is March 1st…. I’m in

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Leicestershire is in!

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Good answer to whats in it for you JC! 🙂

sazzie
    sazzie
    Participant

So it doesn’t get confusing, and to make sure people notice it I’ve created a new thread for the March handout.

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

How did your Make or Take go Waley? 😀

sazzie
    sazzie
    Participant

One of the staff from Mr Sazzies school who was given a morsbag during the January handout called round today with two HUGE boxes of old duvets / curtains and fabric that she discovered when helping her parents clear out their loft – her mum was going to send it to the recycling centre thinking nobody would want it – good job she was there to intercept!

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Fantastic! 🙂

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

That’s super Sazzie! That’ll keep you both supplied 😀

Krisaby
    Krisaby
    Participant

How superb Sazzie! I don’t want to appear to look a gift horse in the ———- er er but – did she have good taste?!

ivybags
    ivybags
    Participant

The message is getting through – great

Viewing 14 posts - 91 through 104 (of 104 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.