Legislation

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by offcuts offcuts 9 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    masterclock
    masterclock
    Participant

Its to be a 5 p levy from October 2015 in England. It will cost the average household £5 a year at current usage.

Such a levy in Wales has drastically cut the number used

In Ireland they had to increase it to 40p long term

Paper bags, and small businesses exempt.

What will happen to plastic bags. Someone is suggesting they should be hoarded as future collectables!!

What role for Morsbags in the future do you think?

F

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Thought-provoking stuff! It’ll be interesting to see what effect the levy has long term.

Krisaby
    Krisaby
    Participant

I think there will be a place for morsbags for some considerable time but it would be marvellous if plastic bags disappeared. I know some people have collections of plastic bags already, all prepared to set up a plastic bag museum at some time!

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Our message still needs to be out there. The main problem with the legistration is a lot of retailers are exempt.

Personally I think only a complete ban is acceptable.

Remember morsbags are in 50 countries in the world, some of them charge for plastic bags but they are still carrying on morsbagging.

I think it is a good plan to stock plastic bags at home. It keeps them from landfill and the waterways and oceans.

The problem of plastic in our oceans is obviously horrendous. Plastic and it’s toxins are obviously in our food chains

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.