Leicester Western Park Festival 2023

Morsbags HomeForumsyour areaLeicester Western Park Festival 2023

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by beattie beattie 12 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Sarah
    Sarah
    Participant

Hello morsbag friends….

Just wanted to mention that a few of us from Leicestershire are doing a stall at Leicester’s Western Park Festival next Saturday if anyone is in the area and would like to pop down from 11am!

Mrs So Bag, Monty Morsbags, Rags to Bags and Whetstone Whales pods will be there in our gazebo (fingers crossed the weather improves!) handing out bags and kits and I am taking my trusty Singer hand crank! We will be neighbours with the team from Leicester Textiles Festival who have some exciting plans in store later in the year which we will be a part of…..

Poster below (hopefully….) and I will try and share it on the main Morsbags Facebook page too.

Festival Poster

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Sounds brilliant Sarah! I wish I could be there too. Fingers crossed for dry weather.

(At one of the Handmade Festivals we did, I remember rain hammering down, sifting through the roof of the gazebo, forming a mist inside and “magically” appearing on the handcranks. And the morsbaggers using them… Butterfly Bags will remember it, vividly, I’m sure!)

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Sarah, as the poster hasn’t shown up would you like to post the details here –
    Date, time, place etc

Sarah
    Sarah
    Participant

Thanks Beattie, will do (see below)!

Yes I vividly remember that misty, mystical indoor rainfall too!! One of many great memories….. It did make us laugh!

Event: Western Park Festival

Date and time: Saturday 22nd July from 11am til we run out of bags….. (last year about 3pm!)

Venue: Western Park, off Hinckley Road, Leicester LE3 6HX (Morsbags will be near the Hinckley Road entrance

Cost: £3 per person or £5 for a family ticket

What’s On: Arts and crafts stalls, street food, bars, live music on 3 stages, dog show, kids activities and lots more!

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Have a great time, Sarah! I hope the weather is kinder than that occasion we remember so fondly – in retrospect 🙂

Sarah
    Sarah
    Participant

Just thought I would tell you how we did on Saturday…. Photos are on the Morsbags Leicestershire Facebook page!

Sue L (Mrs So Bag), Sue M (Rags to Bags), Ann and her sister Sue (Monty Morsbags) and myself (Whetstone Whales) handed out over 200 bags and kits throughout the day! Sadly, the weather was awful with persistent rain all day – we were just about covered under Sue L’s gazebo – and it was so cold that I put my heating on when I got home! We didn’t get the hand cranks out in the end as were worried they would seize up or rust! But that didn’t dampen our spirits and we thoroughly enjoyed the day.

Thanks to Ann and all the Sues (yes, it did get confusing!) for all your support.

We are now preparing for the Leicester Textiles Festival in September which should be fantastic – watch this space for more details soon…..

ivybags
    ivybags
    Participant

WEll done for sticking at it. Lots of things were cancelled down here in Devon sadly
    Keep bagging
    Ivybags

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Thanks for letting us know how it went Sarah, sounds like a “test of character” for you all! Good call for the handcranks. I hope you have better weather for the next event.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.