Bagging Tamara

Morsbags HomeForumsmorsbag chatBagging Tamara

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by ivybags ivybags 9 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Last night was the launch of the much awaited Sew Sociable in Leicester. It was the idea of our friend Julia who runs sewing classes and has a lovely pod called Bobbinsnbuttons. She managed to contact Tamara Melvyn from the Great British Sewing Bee who agreed to give a talk and set a challenge. It was held at a wonderful venue St Martin’s Tea and Coffee House

Butterfly made her a lovely royal bag which we presented to her. Next month we shall be making morsbags at Sew Sociable and hopefully Tamara will join in.

Her challenge was to make a women’s garment out of a recycled polo shirt or two. I have raided my son’s golf shirts because he has some good colours and doesn’t play anymore due to girlfriend and law exams,

Here is the photo that Butterfly took and a close up of the bag

10382992_755252461176209_1784515141585353326_n

IMG_0348

Krisaby
    Krisaby
    Participant

That’s brilliant Offcuts! Did you get time to talk about the Sewing Bee? It would be fascinating to hear what it was like to take part. Sew Sociable is such a great idea!

sazzie
    sazzie
    Participant

This is such a brilliant idea.
    I can’t wait to see the challenge entries. The morsbag Tamara was presented with looks beautiful.

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Yes Krisaby her talk was all about Sewing Bee and her approach to sewing which is all about reconstructing clothes from charity shops. She brought along a rail of clothes she had made and we were able to have a close look. She stayed after and chatted with everyone. She said Claudia was a hoot (I am a great fan of Claudia Winkleman) and May was very kind. She also said she has only watched a few of the episodes because it brings back the tension but she is really pleased she went on the show and would recommend it to everyone. All the clothes that the contestants made belong to the production company but they should have them back in a year. She was very interested in morsbags.

My plan for the challenge is starting to come through! First stage was to nick two of my son’s golf shirts out of his wardrobe!

We shall post more photos after June’s Sew Sociable!

ivybags
    ivybags
    Participant

Ive just seen this – Offcuts that is a really lovely photo

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.