Another Move For Team Leicester!

Morsbags HomeForumsmorsbag chatAnother Move For Team Leicester!

This topic contains 15 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by offcuts offcuts 9 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Yes we are on the move again. The Phoenix Resource Centre is moving to a new premises in the city centre which wouldn’t really suit us. I went for a meeting with the manager of Brocks Hill Environment Centre, also in Oadby. We have been having morsbagging events there for years and it has alway been one of our favourites. We like the people, we like the space, we like the space. So at the moment we are packing up and distributing fabric etc amongst us to store. We are finishing at Phoenix on the 29th July and moving in to BHEC at the end of august and we are meeting on thursdays.

We shall all miss Roger very much and we are so grateful for his generosity in supplying us with a room but we shall keep in touch and I am sure he will be popping in to see us.

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Sorry, no edit! Second space should be cafe!!

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

That will be the end of an era! I’m very impressed that you have another suitable place to act as a “home depot” for morsbags “Team Leicestershire” and a liaison point for all the separate pods. I hope you’ll have plenty of storage space there too – that was what was so amazing at the Phoenix Resource Centre.

Best wishes to Roger – I hope he gets lots of “footfall” in the more central location, he’s doing a grand job! 😀

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

The manager was very excited that we were coming! It won’t be quite as convenient as having a room with everything out but we can adapt. There will be some storage space probably 8 of our big storage boxes, 4 brothers, and a wooden trolley with the stuff we need- scissors, labels, kits etc. The storage room is upstairs but there is a lift.

I shall pass on your best wishes to Roger!

@Masterclock – we have 2 of the older Marx brother Brothers whereby their feet keep falling off. Might it be something to do with the thread on the screw? It is not the bottom bit of the foot but the whole thing where it is on a screw. They are being serviced before we do the R3rd Visitor Centre event but wondered if you have any ideas

masterclock
    masterclock
    Participant

Hi Offcuts

Re foot

Sounds like it is vibrating undone. Usual quick fix is to knot a couple of turns of PTFE tape round the thread before reassembly. Pull of any bits sticking out. Available from places doing plumbing bits. There are patent goos for it, but are messy to apply. There is another method, but its a bit delicate, I expect the overhaul man will know.

f

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

I’ve had this problem in the past and found that doing the screw up nice and tight with the screwdriver, not just fingers, stopped it. You could try that first if you don’t have any PTFE tape lying around

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Yes it is always very tight, in fact I am wondering if it has been over-tightened at some point. It is one of the old ones, Yes I shall see what Steve says. Yes it is a vibration thing. Maybe new screws all round? It is very annoying when it is a busy event. Thank you Frank and Beattie.

Hope you can come to the Big Textile Show because Waley has a new hand crank that could do with a bit of a once over and I would like to take you to the new R3rd centre!

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

I was looking to book soon, but just need to clear it with our daughter who’s getting married the next weekend. I don’t think she wants us to lend a hand with anything but it would be sensible to check……

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Yes deffo best to check!

I have just phoned those nice people at Brother. I explained the problem and the techy guy said ‘what are you using to tighten the screw?’ ” the white screwdriver that came with it’ I said ‘don’t use that’, he said ‘ It doesn’t fit!’ 😕 ‘use a 50p piece, and if that doesn’t work ring us back and we’ll send you a new foot/screw!” He was very amenable but there are questions to be asked!! Anyway I shall try the 50p on Benny’s foot and see if it works!!

Agwen
    Agwen
    Participant

Hope all goes well for your move Offcuts and you get settled into your new home.
    Also, hope your feet stop dropping off. Sounds most painful.

I am trying to arrange a coach trip to The Big Textile Show, so hope to see you all there.

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Poor little Benny! I hope you can cure his dropped foot with 50p – sounds like a bargain to me 😀

I hope we’ll see you again at the Big Textile Show, Agwen 😀

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

The Brothers are well well overdue for one of Supreme Steve’s services. One of them only runs very slow. I have changed the foot pedal in case it is that but still ran slow. All 12 Brothers are off for a service next week.

Agwen, that would be fantastic if you can come. We are in a different school this time – Leicester Grammar School in Great Glen. If you are planning on staying the night Market Harborough Travelodge or Great Glen Premier Inn would be the nearest.

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

I’ve already looked it up as we hope to come. MH Travelodge is miles cheaper, though a bit further away, but it’s a very easy drive. Premier Inn is very close indeed but more expensive. There’s a lot of on street parking at MH that is free in the evenings and weekends and as we are normally out at around 9am it suits us well. There’s a Pay & Display car park round the corner as well if need be.

Agwen
    Agwen
    Participant

Thank you for the info Offcuts but if all goes to plan we will be coming on Sunday by coach. So no need for hotels this time.

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Sounds great! 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.