Win a Brand New Brother Sewing Machine!

Morsbags HomeForumschallenges and competitions…Win a Brand New Brother Sewing Machine!

This topic contains 43 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by beattie beattie 8 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Tracy Cushing
    Tracy Cushing
    Participant

A great bunch of bags – well done all!

Thank you Joby & Pol (and also to Brother for the prize).

Love this project so much 😊

Agwen
    Agwen
    Participant

A lovely selection of topics and the bags people have chosen to make.
    The question is, will we be able to let them go out into the wild or will we want to keep and use them ourselves?

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

I have only 4 left out of my 10!

Dartfrog
    Participant

Mine are gone already, and I’ve had to make a couple more for people who went “Aww, I missed out!”

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

🙂

Pol
    Pol
    Keymaster

AND THE WINNER IS: https://morsbags.com/competition/

Many congratulations to EVERYONE who entered – bloomin’ brilliant bags xx

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

well done Bude Baggers! (Krisaby calls you Budies!!)

The 3rd place bags were made by lovely Louise from Butterfly Bags (our Tori’s pod) so we’ll be celebrating at Brocks Hill on thursday!! Other Leics entries are Mrs Bobbins from BobbinsnButtons pod, who made the Family Bags, Harborough Hitbags who made the Hi-Viz bags, and 5 members of Offcuts (not me!) made the Vintage Bags.

I wonder who the other bags were by?!

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Ooh I forgot, the scarecrow was from Leics to made by someone who hadn’t made bags before. 🙂

Agwen
    Agwen
    Participant

Well done Bude Baggers, a lovely set of bags.
    Macs Bags contribution was the Celebration bags. We haven’t met since the competition ended but the bags are going back to the members who made them and they will decide who to give them to. We enjoyed the challenge of making a set. Thank you for organising it all Pol

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

I thought they might be yours Agwen! Dartfrog which were yours? Let me guess Flower Power?!

Dartfrog
    Participant

Loved this whole contest – the range of bags and the themes were so much fun to see.

Offcuts, mine are the ukulele bags which caused much glee in the group when they realised they were “allowed” to keep them!

Catherine Appleton
    Catherine Appleton
    Participant

thanks for inspiring us to make a themed set of bags – we’re now thinking about making more sets of bags on a them, for various local (ie in Bude) organisations. We really enjoyed taking part, it was great to have something different to the usual morsbags to think about xx

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

It is great fun to do themes. We are making 60 bags with 60 on for an animal rescue that are celebrating their 60th anniversary in June. And we have done 100 for the queen’s Jubilee (Butterfly just about escaped with her life!Moral: sometimes Offcuts does get the numbers wrong!)

P1010122

100 Cinderella bags (To bondaweb or not to bondaweb that is the question!)

IMG_0867

IMG_0868

And I don’t think we will ever forget the 100 lizard bags! Good way to use scraps tho’!

IMG_0119

While I was looking for these photos i found this one where Beattie drove all the way from Frome to Leicester to re-organise my shed. I think it shows that Morsbags is one wonderful organisation where we make amazing friends.

IMG_0787

Good luck with your sets Cathapple! 😉

And who can forget the 100 Lizard bags!

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Fantastic bags all round, with worthy, clear winners! Well done Bude Baggers all! Sorry I’m late to the party – we’ve been away on hols.

I found it hard to choose my favourites, so voted for several sets of bags. There were some great entries and a lot of imagination used to produce them.

Well done everyone who entered 😀

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.