Win a Brand New Brother Sewing Machine!

Morsbags HomeForumschallenges and competitions…Win a Brand New Brother Sewing Machine!

This topic contains 43 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by beattie beattie 7 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Pol
    Pol
    Keymaster

Submission page for your competition entries is OPEN! Good Luck!! https://morsbags.com/competition/

Dartfrog
    Participant

Hrm, did I break it? I filled out the form, attached the photo and left it to submit. When I came back there was a note saying “please do not fiddle the upload”. I.. don’t think I fiddled anything, but I might have…

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Hi Dartfrog. Sorry to hear this. Joe said please could you

email them directly with a very descriptive response of exactly what it said, maybe a copy and paste of any text or even better any screen grabs.

Dartfrog
    Participant

I just tried it again to grab the screenshot and it worked perfectly this time. Possibly my image file was too large, or possibly the planets were aligned properly – who knows? lol. At least it’s working now 🙂

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Good news!

Tarragon
    Tarragon
    Participant

Can we view the entries anywhere? I’d love to see all the bags….

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

I think that will happen after the closing date.

Joby
    Keymaster

Entries can be submitted until midnight 31st March. After that entries will be displayed for approximately 2 weeks on the same page for voting.
    Anyone can vote on the entries – morsbaggers, general public – anyone! So at that point we encourage you (even if you have no entry) to ask all your friends to come vote, especially if you can post and tweet about it, although social media accounts are not required to vote, so if you want to ring or write to all your friends you can!
    Voting instructions will be present on the page when it goes live on 1st April

(to be fair – all entries will be revealed on that morning – meaning early entries do not gain any extra voting time! – That’s why they are not visible yet!)

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Joby, some people have been saying that they don’t know if their entry has gone through ok.

butterfly bags
    butterfly bags
    Participant

So is the winner decided by the public vote?
    Surely this gives a huge advantage to pods who have entered together over individual entries and becomes a popularity contest rather than about how good or original the bags are.
    Just wondering.
    Xx

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

On Wednesday I am going on Bbc radio Leicester to promote the vote. Taking along my friend Julia from Bobbinsnbuttons pod. She will be talking about her entry. She has been tweeting for us.

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

You have until midnight tonight to submit your entry! There’s still time if you haven’t done it already…

I’m looking forward to seeing the other entries.

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

I am looking forward to seeing the entries too. I was on the radio yesterday talking about this comp. it is a bit biased towards Leicester so don’t take any notice of that and just vote for your fav entry and tell everyone else to vote!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03mwvp1

butterfly bags
    butterfly bags
    Participant

Wow!!! All the entries are fabulous. Well done to everyone. Xx

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

And I want to say a massive thank you and well done to Joby for putting on this competition. I can only begin to guess at the amount of time it takes, additions to websites don’t come free, ours is the easy bit. Hopefully everyone is telling their family and friends, social media and the man next door to vote for their ‘favourite’!

Good luck everybody!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.