Three In a Bed

Morsbags HomeForumsmorsbag chatThree In a Bed

This topic contains 39 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Agwen Agwen 8 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

I’m not looking forward to seeing how fat I look!

The producers and I kept moving bags to get the labels covered/ uncovered…. Wonder if they’ll blur the word “morsbags.com” on my t shirt? I wasn’t allowed to get the contestants to sew a label on while they were filming – I added the labels afterwards!

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

😀

masterclock
    masterclock
    Participant

Well its still in the schedule for Channel 4 at 1:05 in the afternoon Monday…..

Waiting

butterfly bags
    butterfly bags
    Participant

Yay!!! Well done Beattie!

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Thank you Butterfly! I was sorry they cut Tanya’s little explanation about the harm plastic bags do in the environment, and as I said, we couldn’t sew on morsbags labels til later – but they didn’t pixillate out my t shirt! 😀

butterfly bags
    butterfly bags
    Participant

It looks like a fantastic place too and they seemed like a lovely couple. Do they do lots of workshops and stuff there?

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

They do! They offer willow weaving, silk painting, decopatch, painting on various backgrounds, making/decorating bunting. Last summer during the loom weaving craze they were making all sorts of stuff out of the little elastic bands.

We were there last week making bags with happy campers (made 6 in a morning before the families went to the beach for the afternoon) and at the same time Tanya was helping children decorate strings of battery-operated fairy lights to make a combination of little lights and bunting (very useful in a tent!)

http://www.coastalvalley.co.uk/
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Coastal-Valley-Camp-Crafts/20446259308663

It’s a lovely little bit of peace just outside the nightmare that is Newquay!

masterclock
    masterclock
    Participant

I thought Beattie did rather well, but then perhaps I am a little biased!

Story going round says that transmission was delayed because of Jeremy Clarkson. The idea is that when he dropped out of the Beeb schedules there were some rapid changes among the ITVs to try and grab his audience and we got sort of left out some how. Stranger things have been known (but perhaps not much stranger).

Also the real reason Beattie was hovering over the “lone male” was that he had announced he had a phobia about sewing machines having got a needle in his finger more than once in the past. We were determined that was not going to happen this time. He actually did alright on the day. I think the hand cranks were more manageable. I was suspicious of a “setup” and was hovering close but out of shot (more or less) until they had finished.

We had a bit of trouble with the producer who wanted to make some sort of competition among the baggers. We were not keen as the ethos of Morsbags is that everyone wins. In view of this I think we were edited pretty fairly.

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

I thought he was being a bit of a drama queen. I’m not sure anyone sews through their finger 3 times. Once is usually enough to teach people to keep their fingers out of the way. However we do try not to watch people to closely. I think it can make people nervous.

I think Beattie did a great job as ambassador for morsbags and well done for getting in the logo on the t-shirt.I hope Tanya and Andy get lots of new customers!

Agwen
    Agwen
    Participant

Coastal Valley looks a lovely relaxing situation. Sad you weren’t allowed to put the morsbag label on the bag, it looked unfinished. Hopefully people will see the logo on Beattie’s t-shirt and find out about morsbags.
    Like Offcuts, I hope Tanya and Andy get lots of new customers.

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.