Labels

This topic contains 75 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by beattie beattie 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    Pol
    Pol
    Keymaster

Beattie – yes the little label is Japanese! The Royal brown one is that colour as it was ‘special’ and printed on higher grade cotton… glad your labels have all arrived safely.

Only another 25,000 or so to distribute 🙂 Luckily orders are coming in thick and fast…

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

I really liked that one, it was a sort of calico, nice!

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

I’ve started using my new labels and I have to say that I do like the very faint grey line separating each label – saves cutting twice, as like Tori, I didn’t like the bits of blue line that ended up on each label. Thanks for making the change! 😀

Joby
    Keymaster

The divider we tried to remove but the supplier insisted on having it so I changed it to the less obvious grey line for that specific reason so glad to hear it is doing the trick!

Sue H
    Participant

Hello

I ordered and paid for 20 labels on June 22nd and haven’t received them. Can anyone advise me on how to chase this up? The email I sent to the ‘contact’ link bounced back. Thank you, Sue

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Hi Sue. Sorry you’ve had trouble getting your labels. I’ve emailed Pol and Joe with your query and I hope they’ll be back with an answer soon. Also sorry to hear that the “Contact” link seems to be broken. I hope the labels come quickly for you.

Zicks
    Participant

Hello! I’m new and starting our first bags. Anyone have advice on how to adhere the label before sewing it down? Does a glue stick really hold it well enough and not gum up your machine? Also, does anyone turn the raw edges under to sew on, or do you leave them exposed?
    Thank you! My son and I are excited to get started. (I created a pod because he came home from school talking about the damage to sea creatures due to plastic bags!)

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Hi Zicks, big welcome to morsbags and great that you and your son are excited! The glue stick just serves to stick it temporarily to hold in place while you sew round. If you just put a dab in the middle of the label the needle doesn’t go on to the glue. Some people just pin it on.

No we don’t turn the ends in as the ribbon shouldn’t fray but trhere’s no reason why you shouldn’t if you want to.

Happy Bagging!

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Hello Zicks, and welcome! 🙂

Congratulations on getting down to business and making some bags.

Yes a glue stick really does hold a label well enough to keep it in place while you sew round it – provided you don’t wave the bag around too much before you sew. I get a good thick stripe of glue down the centre of the label – don’t worry about the edges – press it in the position you want and sew. I’ve never had a problem with the glue getting on the needle to any noticeable degree.

After a bit of practice you may well find that you don’t need the glue any more. If I’m doubtful about getting the label on straight I put it at a jaunty diagonal angle, then no-one can say it’s wonky. 😀

Are you using the labels bought through this website? They’re pretty good and I have no problem with them, and I don’t turn under the edges. Some we had a few years ago were slightly inclined to fray a bit but I just sewed them on anyway and they’re still there, only slightly thready on the narrower sides.

How lovely that your son got the message through school and you’re supporting him / them. Some schools have pods so that all of a class or a year group, or the whole school can have or make a bag. Some have lunchtime clubs or after school groups so that more children can have a go.

Which pod are you?

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Good job we are not playing Just a Minute!!

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

I had some problems with my computer, Offcuts. Your reply wasn’t there when I started, honest!! 😉

I think you can repeat what someone else has said on Just a Minute – or have I repeated myself?

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Ding! 🙂

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Wheeeeeeeeeeeee!

Zicks
    Participant

Sorry! We’re “It’s in the Bag” in Southern California, USA. Thank you all so much for your replies and advice. I bought a few hundred labels from the Morsbag site as they were coming via airmail. I am glad to hear that they don’t fray in the wash. We have picked up several yards of fabric with animal themes to spread the word as our concern is for the animals and the environment. Here’s to making lots of bags!!!!!!

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

That sounds lovely Zicks! I find animal themed bags are exceptionally popular. Happy bagging 😀

Do keep us informed about how you get on, and don’t hesitate to ask if you want to know anything (about bags, anyway…… 😉 )

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 76 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.