Labels

This topic contains 75 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by beattie beattie 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    sazzie
    sazzie
    Participant

Thank you for the update Joe

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

I had found some of the old labels and attached them to some bags I made last week. Having got used to the new, square format and made lots of bags with them on now, it was a shock to go back to the old ones for a while. Maybe it’s lack of practice, but I found my stitching was a bit wobbly without the dotted line to help me. I don’t usually stitch right on it, but use it as a guide and sew a bit outside it.

I hope you and your pod will get used to the new labels too, Pickering Stitchers. It would be a shame to stop morsbagging because of such a small thing.

Joby
    Keymaster

You can now buy ‘retro style’ morsbags labels here https://morsbags.com/product/morsbag-labels-retro-style/
    They are a limited edition run until we finalise a final new label shape and design (the price is a little more due to the label size and it being a smaller bulk order than usual)
    enjoy!

butterfly bags
    butterfly bags
    Participant

It might be too late to mention it but there is one little thing I don’t like about the new labels, the little blue line between them. Do we really need that? It’s only a little thing but I am cutting above and below the dividing line and it looks a bit untidy if you can see bits of the line.

Joby
    Keymaster

that line is part of the printing process, I can see if it can be removed in subsequent orders. Even the older labels had this line.

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

It’s very kind of you to go to the trouble of ordering and stocking two sorts of labels Joe and Pol! I prefer the new ones now I’m used to them, but having the choice is good for those who don’t.

Joby
    Keymaster

Just an update – the square ‘new’ labels are now temporarily discontinued and we will only sell the retro morsbag labels for a while.
    We are looking into sponsorship for new labels to try subsidise or fully remove cost from labels.
    We are holding off from a final design due to a potential feature we want to introduce to labels which is ‘sequential numbering’ – each label will have a unique number that links back to the pod who bought them. This would create an interactive element of each bag allowing the user to find out who made the bag and why – thus driving more traffic to morsbags as well as putting local people in touch with their local pods. At the moment it is just an idea but if we are able to order enough labels in bulk with sequential numbers printed on them it should add little to no extra cost.

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Love the sequential numbering idea1 ‘citing!

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Sounds like a plan. Traceability! 😀

Krisaby
    Krisaby
    Participant

Good idea! I number my labels when I put them on my bags. I started this for my own reference really as I could never remember to change the number made on my pod site. To my surprise I have found that people love the idea of an individually numbered bag! I have to admit that my handwritten numbers look a bit raggety though, whereas these new labels sound potentially very smart.

Agwen
    Agwen
    Participant

This sounds interesting.
    If we spotted a bag in the wild, it would be interesting to see which pod had made it
    and how far the bag had travelled.

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

I DO like the idea of numbered labels. I was thinking about our old ‘vintage’ sewing machines and how the Singers have more information about them, and in some ways are more interesting because we can look up when and where they were made. Singer’s website gives that information on all their machines as the serial numbers were issued in batches. Cool.

And it will make morsbags like numbered prints – even more collectable than they are now! 😀

JenMeister
    JenMeister
    Participant

Sequential numbering does sound interesting. I haven’t really got any comment with regards to the square label, as I never ended up needing to buy any. I always buy labels in such bulk quantities that I haven’t run out of the old ones yet!

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

😀

ivybags
    ivybags
    Participant

I like the idea of numbering too – an interesting concept – and could be quite an eye opener

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 76 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.