Welly Fabric Hoarders

Morsbags HomeForumswelcome new podsWelly Fabric Hoarders

This topic contains 24 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by offcuts offcuts 8 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Beattie, do you remember Premier Inn bedroom Festival of Quilts! We wouldn’t let the cleaners in until after we had gone!

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

And who said anything about sewing machines!!

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

I remember Sazzie getting the threads off with parcel tape wrapped round her hand. I hadn’t seen that before and I think it’s a great tip!

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Offcuts wrote “And who said anything about sewing machines!!”

It was Wenznz who mentioned sewing machines –

“… our sewing retreat is a residential weekend where we pack up all our sewing machines and equipment and sew uninterrupted for the weekend.”
    So that’s why I assumed we’d bring sewing machines

Tarragon
    Tarragon
    Participant

A sewing retreat? At Abinger?

Sounds marvellous. I’m still a solo pod and would love the company. Count me in!

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Well its an idea. We would have to find the appropriate venue. A friend of mine is organising a weekend sewing retreat in Oakham in a hotel that we use for button making. I am thinking of having a morsbagging room but still to be decided. I’ll keep you posted.

I used to go to sewing summer schools ar Missenden Abbey in Bucks. They were great fun.

Parcel tape is good for pet hairs too but a damp cloth works just as well!

Tarragon
    Tarragon
    Participant

Oakham sounds good too. Do keep me posted. Seriously.

I’m not sure if there’s a “private message” function on this forum, but if there is feel free to PM me.

wenznz
    wenznz
    Participant

Just reporting back in to say we had our Sewing Retreat this past weekend, and I offered up Morsbag kits to all our participants as an after dinner activity on Saturday.
    Everyone was very keen on the idea, and in no time flat everyone had a bag of their own, and 12 bags were added to our pod tally!
    One participant has just joined my pod today, and another couple are keen to join a a little while.
    Success all round, I would say 🙂

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Brilliant work Wenznz! Your sewing retreat sounds lovely – and I’m so glad the morsbag idea caught on so well.

Success all round, I agree! 😀

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Great news! 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.