New member in Leicester

Morsbags HomeForumswelcome new podsNew member in Leicester

This topic contains 15 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Joby 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    gemcat
    Participant

I have recently joined and am finding it difficult to see where each pod in Leicester is. Since I don’t drive it would be useful if I knew where they were. Is there any way this can be done or can anybody tell me of any active location in Leicester? Thanks

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Hi Gemcat! Thanks for asking your question. Have you tried looking at the pod map? You can zoom right in and see where all the pods are. There are a lot in the Leicester area, but not all are active, as morsbags has been going for over 12 years so some have come and gone.

You could select the pods in the area which you can get to and send them a message. I’ll also ask a couple of friends in that area for more information.

gemcat
    Participant

Hi Beattie, thanks for your reply, I am in Anstey village. I will send messages to a few and ask where they are and if they are active active 🙂

butterfly bags
    butterfly bags
    Participant

Hi Gemcat. I’m in Leicestershire. We have a group that meet regularly in Oadby. They meet at the Fabric Guild on a Thursday. There is also a group that meet in Market Harborough once a month. I don’t know of any other groups that meet on such a regular basis and I personally don’t know any morsbaggers in your part of town. Other morsbaggers tend to arrange meet ups at their homes with friends. We have a morsbags Leicestershire Facebook page so if there are any morsbags events that we know about in the area, we post on there.
    Have you registered your own pod?

gemcat
    Participant

Oh right great, what time on a Thursday do you meet? Yes I have been thinking about putting posters up in the village asking if anyone would like to make bags, I have two machines and people could join me at home 🙂

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Brilliant Gemcat! I see a new pod that I think is probably yours. There’s nothing like getting on with what you want to do. You can have your own pod and meet up with an existing group as well. 🙂 I hope you find morsbagging fun and make friends too.

gemcat
    Participant

Thanks Beattie, you’re very encouraging

Odd Handles
    Participant

Hi Gemcat. There are some other morsbaggers that I know about in north Leicestershire but they tend to make morsbags at home. However I’m sure it would be an amazing idea to have a get together if you can find a venue. What about the tea shop in Anstey? It begins with a B…. They seem to be very environmentally friendly.

Other morsbaggers in your area are

Sue Neal and her WI in Mountsorrell

Hayley Jackson in Rothley

Helen Smith in Thurmaston

I know these ladies very well and could put them in touch with you if you liked that idea. Sue Neal has morsbag labels sponsored by Mountsorrel Lions. She and her WI make morsbags for the attendees at a Christmas meal organised by the Lions.

If you need any more information or fancy meeting up for a cuppa feel free to email me

rpeley@yahoo.com

Sorry not to have replied sooner. I have been out of sorts!

Rosiex
    Odd Handles

Odd Handles
    Participant

Sue Neal’s pod is Sue’s Mountsorrel

Odd Handles
    Participant

Sorry and I have just remembered there is a lady who makes morsbags from a charity shop in Anstey but I am not sure of her name. Lots of potential though!!

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Thanks for your input Rosie! I thought you’d been quiet recently – will email / phone you XX

gemcat
    Participant

Hi Rosie, thanks for the info, I don’t drive so to get to Rothley or Thurmaston I have to get a bus into the city centre and then get another bus out and for Mountsorrel I would have to get the bus to Loughborough first so it would probably be quite expensive for me sadly

gemcat
    Participant

Do either of you know how to contact admins on this site re problem with account? Every time I try it comes up undefined or you do not the capacity to do this

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Hi Gemma, you can contact site admin using the email address admin@morsbags.com
    I see that you have registered a pod and have added 2 bags to the tally. What do you want to do that is giving trouble?

gemcat
    Participant

I just want my account / memberships to be closed / removed. I remember now that some companies don’t allow this despite a previous court case requesting that users be allowed to close their accounts.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.