May Handout

This topic contains 25 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Krisaby Krisaby 8 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Krisaby
    Krisaby
    Participant

Good luck with the handout everyone!

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Thanks Krisaby!

I’m going to stand on the pavement outside our local Tesco Express and give out 50 bags. Might pop in and ask if I can stand outside the door to catch people who’ve parked in the car park, therefore bypassing me on the pavement, but if they say no, that’s OK. It’ll just take a bit longer to hand out the bags is all.

Have a good day everyone! 😀

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Do you know, I can’t believe the number of blokes who refused a bag from me this morning, then came out with a plastic carrier!

The duty manager in Tesco Express was a star and said that it would be perfectly all right to stand just outside and bag customers going in – thanks for that, Tesco!

It took an hour to give away 55 bags. I was left with one small one and four that were various combinations of mustard and black. I’d wondered whether to save them to take to Cornwall anyway (black and gold are the county’s colours), so I folded them away and called it a day.

As I was crossing the car park I realised that a party of local Lib Dems were marshalling themselves and their leaflets by a car, so I bagged the bloke wearing a rosette (presumably a candidate) with one of the deep yellow bags I had left over. 😀 He said it would be just the thing to carry their leaflets around in!

I had a nice time in the spring sunshine and met some lovely people doing it, so it’s all good! I hope other hander-outers had a good day too. 😀

butterfly bags
    butterfly bags
    Participant

As is often the case, we did things a little differently in Leicester! Lol. We sorted around 300 bags into bags of 10. We then passed them on to various friends of morsbags who offered to spread the morsbag love via facebook. Because of the Bank Holiday, some of the bags will be given away today. The bags will certainly be reaching people who haven’t heard of morsbags before. One lady, with her young daughter, delivered them to their neighbours. Some have gone to be handed out in school playgrounds, others in school staff rooms. A few have gone to offices and some more to a food bank and community groups. One lady has reported back to us already that she handed them out to the children in her nursery school. Apparently they all had fun looking through the bags and choosing their favourite.
    (Photos on facebook, sorry I can’t do the Flickr thing!)
    Our morsbagger Freda, went along to the local walk-in clinic and handed some out there too!
    It’s great to think of all those morsbags finding new homes and reducing the use of plastic!

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Butterfly has done a great job. Here are her photos

Dawn Collis‎
    Morsbags being posted and handed out on Coltsfoot Way and Speedwell Drive, Broughton Astley… (we haven’t given away any morsbags in Broughton Astley as far as I know so a very good giveaway) Pushchairs are great for guerrilla bagging!

11150505_10153278156126322_3938006708774574877_n

Love their happy faces!

1545550_10205095720127534_7034014909485171756_n

Pol
    Pol
    Keymaster

Love hearing about the handout news… strange about the men in Tescos Beattie – grrrr – but wonderful that they let you hover outside 🙂 Also, love the pushchair bagging and associated smiles – well done everyone and as Butterfly bags says “It’s great to think of all those morsbags finding new homes and reducing the use of plastic!”

sazzie
    sazzie
    Participant

Love reading everyone’s handout news…… I sent my bags into mr Sazzies school staff room, apparently they didn’t last long

Agwen
    Agwen
    Participant

Loved your way of distributing the Leicestershire bags Butterfly.

butterfly bags
    butterfly bags
    Participant

We’ve had great feedback from the people who handed bags out for us. A couple of people have asked for more because there weren’t enough to go round! We’ve also had a request to supply another food bank. They have been struggling with old carrier bags so Morsbags will be ideal and they will encourage people to take the bags back and use them again.

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Great news Tori! I liked your idea of giving out bags to be distributed by so many people = lots of diversity – just the job!! 😀

Getting another food bank to use morsbags is wonderful, as you have a lot of bags to give out every month.

Krisaby
    Krisaby
    Participant

Loved reading this and the different ways of spreading the word. I don’t know what it is with men and bags but even men I have previously considered grown up won’t carry a reusable bag but prefer a plastic one. Mind you, I was pleased in London yesterday to see how many shops are now using paper bags instead of plastic.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.