Let's get Morsbags into every local newsletter in the same month…

Morsbags HomeForumsdates for diaries…Let's get Morsbags into every local newsletter in the same month…

This topic contains 32 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by sazzie sazzie 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    sazzie
    sazzie
    Participant

Wowsers…. brilliant Pol, personally I wouldn’t change a thing x

sazzie
    sazzie
    Participant

Although some people would no doubt prefer to put an email address as opposed to a phone number

Pol
    Pol
    Keymaster

Thanks Sazzie – and that’s a really good point about email rather than phone… Thanks for contacting local pods and schools too – hope they respond…

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

And I think I’d list whales, seals and turtles as the animals who’d be grateful! Lists of three work – ask any orator! 🙂

Thanks for putting it together for us to copy Pol! I’m grateful 🙂

sazzie
    sazzie
    Participant

I’ve just emailed the editor of our village newsletter in the hope that he will include an article about morsbags in the March edition. Fingers crossed.

sazzie
    sazzie
    Participant

BUMP – anyone else joining in?

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

I’ll be looking into it when we get home – sometime next week.

Agwen
    Agwen
    Participant

One of our bag makers is also editor of the village newsletter so we have already had an artical published. However she is looking into the surrounding villages newsletters.

sazzie
    sazzie
    Participant

Brilliant Agwen

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

I’ve sent an article to our local (village) paper. It used to carry a regular “articlette” about morsbags every month when Aggie Baggies were active, so I reminded readers about morsbags, rather than explained from scratch.

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Brilliant Beattie. No doubt there will be new people/readers who don’t know about morsbags

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Here is a copy of a press release that our new pod Whissybags sent out.

First Rutland Morsbag Pod

Whissendine WI have set up the first Morsbag pod and have already made enough bags for all their members to be given one at their February meeting, free bags will be available from Mace Village store in Whissendine from Saturday 1st March 2014.

Morsbags are made by people donating fabric and thread; members of the Whissendine WI Pod called Whissybags give their time and energy to make the bags, which they are finding quite addictive!

The idea of Morsbags is to encourage people to use a cloth bag which can be reused and washed if necessary, reducing plastic bag use and at the same time reducing landfill by using old tablecloths, duvet covers and curtains that might otherwise end up in land fill.

Reducing the use of plastic bags not only saves the earths viable resources as they are usually made from oil, but also helps protect wildlife both on land and in the sea. Many animals die a long and painful death from ingesting plastic bags especially in the ocean where they can look like jellyfish.

Each Morsbag is a little different depending on what its be made from and who made it! Whissybags would welcome donations of any sewing thread and clean old duvet covers, table cloths, curtains or off cuts of material.

For more information on Morsbags and Whissybags please see https://morsbags.com/pods/viewpod/?pod=1265

Ends

Note to Editors: Attached is a photo of some of the Whissendine WI committee with some of the Morse bags that have been made, which you are welcome to publish.

DSC_0185

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Is it too late to correct the typo? The note to editors refers to “Morsebags” in the last paragraph. Don’t want people to google the wrong thing, do we? 😉

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

I forgot to say – Otherwise, brilliant!!! Well done Whisseybags – and it’s a great idea to include a photo 😀

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

I’ll mention it to them. I hadn’t noticed! Well spotted!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.