Big Textile Show

Morsbags HomeForumsyour areaBig Textile Show

This topic contains 33 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by beattie beattie 9 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Pol
    Pol
    Keymaster

Have a great time everyone – keep us posted!

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Thank you Pol!

Here’s just a quick post to let you know how we got on, so far. We set up our gallery home on Friday afternoon and returned on Saturday to sew, sew, sew 😀

A total of 70 bags was made – 50 of them from royal curtain material.

We have a spacious yet snug home in the gallery over the servery in a dining hall. Surprisingly it’s not too hot.

Gallery view saturday

Busy Saturday morning

We had a nice steady stream of customers and gave away some bags as well. The photos were taken before we got busier.

It was lovely to put names to faces – nice to meet you, Jean and Freda, and nice to see you again Maggie, Chris, Sue and Tori. Hope I haven’t missed anyone out! 😕

Looking forward to another productive day tomorrow.

butterfly bags
    butterfly bags
    Participant

I had a great afternoon. The whole event was fab. There was lots of amazing pieces of work to see. Some of the quilts on display were stunning. There were lots of great traders too with a huge variety of fabrics, wool, threads, silk, kits…. This list goes on and on.
    Team morsbags did a great job with 8 machines constantly on the go. It’s so lovely doing these bigger events.
    Xx

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

This is a lovely event at a spacious venue and we had a successful day. Squillions of thanks to Beattie, Frank (who set everything up for us) Tori, Maggie, Freda, Jean (who makes morsbags with the children at Leicester Grammar), Sue and Chris.

sazzie
    sazzie
    Participant

Looks like a much better position than last year, I remember how busy the food hall was so no doubt lots of people were able to enjoy the view of people sewing and then venture up to find out more (if they hadn’t already), hope you have an equally successful day tomorrow

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

You’re right, Sazzie, we did have a good position and it was more spacious than last year.

We had another busy day on Sunday. The show was open one hour less than the day before and we made 60 morsbags.

We arrived promptly and spent a little time winding bobbins and getting some more “pleb” kits ready, so as to have an alternative to the “royal” kits, though these proved popular again.

Sunday morning - lull before the storm

As the morning went on, we got quite busy, but had a nice flow of customers again, the queue never numbered more than four and the waiting time wasn’t too long, with eight sewing machines in use.

Happy Sunday royal bag makers

It was very useful having a dedicated person working on giving information and handing out leaflets and pre-made bags to people who couldn’t stay to make one, reeling in new customers, and so on! Nice work Maggie and Freda on Saturday, and Offcuts, Kay and Mary on Sunday

Here are a couple of photos of my “Indian Summer” themed bag. It was only as I was going through my photos that I realised that I had forgotten to pay my £1 entry fee!! What a silly billy! 😕

'Indian summer' bag - folded into pocket

'Indian summer' bag - open

The whole bag folds into the pocket – the decoration on the pocket is on the inside when the bag is opened up for use.

What struck me was what a “cosy” show this was – all the lovely felty things and lots of quilts gave a very “warm” impression.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/28356801@N08/15361441366/

Lots more quilts

Agwen
    Agwen
    Participant

Sounds like you all had a wonderful time with lots of bags made. It looked an excellent spot, people eating their lunch would see the smiling faces of people coming away with their free bag. Glad the event was a success for you.

sazzie
    sazzie
    Participant

Sounds like another great day, well done everyone

Dartfrog
    Participant

Looks like a brilliant day all round, thanks for sharing the photos 😀

butterfly bags
    butterfly bags
    Participant

One of my favourite moments of the whole 2 days was being downstairs in the eating area as the bell was rang. Dozens of heads turned in unison to see where the noise was coming from and wonder why there was clapping and cheering! We do like to be noticed don’t we?!

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Yes! I could hear it in the lift,in the loo and in the carpark!

I just want to say a massive thank you to Jenny and Tony Lees for having us along. To Beattie and Frank for all their help, humping things around and company, to Team Leicester for all the pre-show work and their help on the day.

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Thank you very much for having us, Offcuts, and thanks for all the work you and Team Leicester put in beforehand getting everything ready. We had a lovely weekend! I’ve just been unloading all the fabric we came home with. I’ve found we have 40 royal kits, plus 2 chair covers and what looks like a single bed valance to unpick and cut up, so we should end up with more royal bags in Cornwall. We’ll have to think up a special event to use them at! 😀

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

It was a pleasure Beattie and Frank. We couldn’t have done it without you deffo. It is a great idea to do a special event for the royal kits. Maybe a Christmas event? We really enjoyed and appreciated having the royal curtains in Leicestershire and the publicity has been great but thats it, we have done it and it is someone else’s turn now!

Here is the other mega task that Beattie did for us. This is a photo of my garden with some of the contents of the shed. Beattie brought about 20-30 of the big containers containing fabric into the garden, we sorted it out and she carried them back in. It was an amazing feat! Thank you so much Beattie. Offcuts2 picked up their 8 boxes today!

IMG_0788

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

What makes me laugh is that this is when we’d nearly finished sorting out the shed and most of the boxes were back in it, with their contents inspected, allocated, labelled and replaced in the box! I’m glad that Mick from O2 has been and taken his boxes – that means there’s room for Grumpy out there now, with his little tea kettle on a primus stove and a plastic chair to sit on, with his ipad on his knee ….. 😉

butterfly bags
    butterfly bags
    Participant

Your garden looks like a weird car boot sale!!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.