Big Textile Show

Morsbags HomeForumsyour areaBig Textile Show

This topic contains 33 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by beattie beattie 9 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

This weekend at Leicester Grammar School. Beattie and Frank are coming!

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

http://thebigtextileshow.co.uk/

We’re looking forward to coming to Leicester again and meeting up with Offcuts, Butterfly bags, Maggie, Margaret and Kay. The show is in a different venue to last year – new territory to us, but not to Offcuts, as “Son of Offcuts” went to school there.

I was very excited as I spotted that there is a competition.
    http://thebigtextileshow.co.uk/?page_id=859
    Only snag is, so much to do, so little time!
    Create a piece of textile art to fit into an A4 sized space (the piece can be flat or in 3 dimensions)
    Theme: Indian Summer.
    Any materials or techniques may be used.
    All entries will be judged under one category, regardless of age of creator, style or technique
    Minimum age 14
    (at least that bit’s easy!)
    Please bring your entry to The Big Textile show on Saturday 27th September.
    Entry to competition will be £1 to be donated to a designated charity.
    The winner will be announced on Sunday 28th September at The Big Textile Show.

I have a project to finish tonight, then tomorrow we’re packing and will leave home in the evening. We are going straight on to our daughter’s wedding the following weekend, so the packing will be a bit complicated as we have to remember morsbags-related stuff and wedding-related stuff.

Still, there’s always Thursday to knock up an “Indian Summer” themed small morsbag….. *thinking*

Will keep you informed about how the BTS goes 😀

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

You might need to check whether we as exhibitors are eligible. We have had lots of chats with Jenny over the months and she has not mentioned it! Also they sponsor our printing so that might effect our eligibility.

Unfortunately Edward didn’t go to school at the new campus. They have only been there a few years. He went to the city version! I did find him on the school photos though when he was captain of the cricket first X1!

Have a safe journey Beattie! 🙂

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Howabout an elephant carrying a morsbag with a caption ‘never forget your morsbag?!

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

That’s a fab idea, Offcuts!

M/C wants the bag to be full sized – they’re so much more useful – so I’m making a couple of prototypes.

I’m not entering the competition with an idea of winning. I’m sure there are people with more experience who have spent ages on their entry. I’m just doing it so that people see a morsbag!! 😀

sazzie
    sazzie
    Participant

I’m sure it’ll be a great show, it certainly was last year, sorry we can’t make it this year.
    I look forward to hearing how it goes.

butterfly bags
    butterfly bags
    Participant

I’m really looking forward to it too! And looking forward to seeing you again, Beattie.
    Xx

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

I’m hoping we’ll have time for a bit more of a chat, Tori 😀

My competition entry is now complete – a normal sized bag that meets the competition rules….. 😉

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Brilliant! Can we have a photo!?

I think that morsbags used for publicity purposes are totally valid. Pol has a whole wall of them.

Might be having a word with our special morsbag maker Sue Lamont to see if she can do us one with the elephant idea.

I was thinking on eating/meeting at Grange Farm pub every evening that Beattie and Masterclock are here; it is my my job to look after Frank’s stomach while they are on tour so I am taking the easy way out!

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

It’s packed now, so no photo til Saturday. I’ll ask the competition organisers if I’m allowed to enter or not, but either way, it’s a morsbag! 😀

F prohibited me from using the elephant idea – it’s all yours! 😉

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Ooh good!! I’ll see if Sue fancies making it. It would be good to take to events. 😉

Agwen
    Agwen
    Participant

Sad to say I can’t get to Leicester this time.
    Hope all goes well and you giving away lots of bags.

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

I’m sorry to hear that Agwen! I was wondering if we’d see you again this time. Better luck next time! I’m sure we’ll have plenty of customers.

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Very sorry not to see Agwen and the Sazzies this year 🙁

butterfly bags
    butterfly bags
    Participant

Getting in the mood for the weekend. Making some bags this evening.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.