Wild Morsbag spotted today

Morsbags HomeForumsmorsbag chatWild Morsbag spotted today

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Pol Pol 8 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

We had our kids coming to stay and needed the room, so Masterclock and I sped round a housing estate in a nearby village a few days before Christmas. We posted a morsbag through every letter box – it took hours!! Was it getting on for two years ago? Three years? Four? I can’t remember, and I think it was when we had the old website.

Today I was crossing the road in the same village and spotted a lady crossing in the other direction, holding a grubby, used (HOORAY!!) morsbag!! Yay!! She’s still using it, and frequently!! I was so pleased 😀

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Here’s what I wrote back in December 2011
    Re: Impromptu handout

Post by beattie » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:12 pm

I have good news and I have bad news.

The bad news is that I turned up at the Park and Ride a few days ago and they wouldn’t let me bag their passengers. The chaps in the office wouldn’t even accept a bag or two for themselves. I had to contact the management, who are on holiday as it’s nearly Christmas & I couldn’t track down who I had to speak to via their website either. It’s an idea to use another time, maybe.

And the good news is that Masterclock and I bagged most of two housing estates in a nearby village. We trotted round, between the sleety showers, stuffing morsbags through letterboxes. We were a bit surprised to find that a few houses had no letter box, in the door, or on a post or a nearby wall. 😯 What does the postman do?

Another surprise was the houses where you lifted the flap over the slot in the door and a pungent pong of “fags” or “dog” pushed its way out and up your nostrils. 😕 Yeurck!!

The first estate we did is well known locally for having a complicated layout – we think we found almost all of the houses, but I was amused to see that No.39 in one road was next door to and in line with No. 65 in another.

We were spotted by a few people who popped out of their houses to say “thank you”. I had polite refusals / handing back from 2 households who said they had enough bags thanks, and one lady came out in her socks and “yoo-hoo”ed at me til I came back to her – she wanted to know what it was all about. I gave her the quick explanation as time was getting on and we wanted to finish before dark. Maybe she’ll find the website – I hope so.

We came back with just a few bags – one I dropped and it got a bit muddy and there were a couple of very small ones that we’ll home separately. It took all afternoon, but we did get some exercise today. 😀 “

Krisaby
    Krisaby
    Participant

Love this Beattie.

Pol
    Pol
    Keymaster

So do I! Fantastic read (again) and also so wonderful when a wild bag is spotted 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.