Syringe driver bags

Morsbags HomeForumsmorsbag chatSyringe driver bags

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Agwen Agwen 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Agwen
    Agwen
    Participant

Hello all
    Things have been a bit slow for us over the last 18 months but we are beginning to get requests for bags again. One request has been for Syringe driver bags. These are for people who need continues medication but can move about. The medication/drip goes into the bag which is worn over shoulder.
    My question is, can these bags be counted as morsbags? At 9″ x 11″ with a 42″strap they are not the normal shopping bag size. Your views would be appreciated.

ivybags
    ivybags
    Participant

Im not sure that these would count as Morsbags, but I welcome our other moderators comments
    Barbara ? What do you think ?

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Thanks for answering Agwen’s question Ivybags. I’ve been holding off as I can see it’s a difficult one.

In the past, bags to help people on various treatments requiring syringe drivers have been made, but not counted as morsbags.
    Trusty Bags (which was started by our late-lamented Rosie, mega-morsbag superstar) made quite a few in addition to the enormous number of morsbags produced and distributed, but they did not include them in the amazing tally of 56078 that still keeps them at the top of the leaderboard.

As I see it, making syringe driver bags is an excellent project with benefits for others, just like making face coverings for anti-COVID uses, special pyjamas for children in hospital, or bootees for dogs with tender paws, but they’re not morsbags.

Care to give an opinion Pol or Joe?

Anyone else with ideas about this?

ivybags
    ivybags
    Participant

Pol and Jo are in agreement that they are an excellent project, but are not Morsbags
    Anne

Agwen
    Agwen
    Participant

Thank you all. I was thinking the same but thought I would check.
    I didn’t know that Rosie had passed away. A lovely lady, please pass on my condolences to family and friends.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.