Ruth

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Anonymous 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Ruth has been making and cutting morsbags for us for about 2 years. She does very neat seaming of fabric together. We save her all our pieces. She has just cut out 70 royal kits for out event at the end of september. She also sewed on a large quantity of royal labels for our R3rd event. She has also made and given out morsbags to volunteers at two of our hospitals and for a local monthly coffee morning at our wildlife hospital. She is an absolute star and a beautiful sewer. The 150 bags that I have just put onto Offcuts tally were made by Ruth. I think she makes morsbags every evening. Her husband Fred has just had a pacemaker fitted so I am sending him healing morsbag wishes!

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Thanks for telling us about “star morsbagger” Ruth! Any chance of a photo to complete the picture? We hate throwing the smaller pieces away too, and know that it takes much more time to make a bag out of bits than it does with just one piece of fabric. Kudos, Ruth.

We hope your husband makes a great recovery.
    Thanks for the post, Offcuts 😀

sazzie
    sazzie
    Participant

Thank you Offcuts, firstly I wish Ruths husband a quick recovery.
    Lovely to read all about Ruth, making bags from bits certainly takes longer Beattie I agree, but as you say it’s a lovely thing to do.
    Well done Ruth

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Beattie, I am going to arrange for you to meet Ruth when you come up in September! They are a lovely couple.

butterfly bags
    butterfly bags
    Participant

Ruth’s bags are always gorgeous. She made some beautiful ones out of fabric sample we had been given. At the old morsbag room we even had a box with Ruth’s name on it for all the pieces that were just a bit too small for “normal” bags and we knew she would piece them together to make stunning bags.

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

😀 I’m looking forward to meeting Ruth, Offcuts!
    Lovely story Butterfly – we don’t like to chuck out the smaller bits either – and pieced bags are so much more interesting than plain ones, so worth the extra effort! 😀

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

I should add that I have 2 full boxes in my shed with Ruth’s name on!Here is a photo of some of her bags.

These are all I have at the moment as they fly off the shelves! Also I like to keep the flow going or we would drown in bags and fabric. I sent out 600 into the wild last week with the help of Team Leics off course!

IMG_0755

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

ps, bottom right is one of the 5 morsbags that I am sending to the actress Alison Steadman. Abolition of plastic carrier bags is one of her campaigns

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2711121/At-making-TV-older-folk-like-With-new-retirement-comedy-begin-Gavin-Stacey-star-Alison-Steadman-says-thank-goodness-TV-chiefs-finally-catering-forgotten-audience.html

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Wow, great article Offcuts! I hope Alison likes her morsbags and takes them up – or at least, takes them shopping! 😀

Krisaby
    Krisaby
    Participant

Thanks for telling us about Ruth, Offcuts. She is obviously another treasure. I hope her husband is soon well and can help with the bagging! Quite an incentive to get your energy back – “when you can walk up the hill without puffing, then you can help cut out 250 morsbags”…………. Seriously, I hope he is feeling much better very soon.

Anonymous

That was a nice article.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.