Padstow Rally – again

Morsbags HomeForumsdates for diaries…Padstow Rally – again

This topic contains 26 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by beattie beattie 9 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Masterclock and I are busily making lots of bags – our target is to complete at least 8 each per day as we need plenty of “stock” to take with us to Padstow Vintage Rally. We’ve been to this event a few times in the past and really enjoy it. We set up our morsbags display and sewing table in the Food Tent (next to the Cake Hole, an interesting yurt that comes with a horse trailer adapted as a travelling kitchen and run by the lovely Annette and Dave) and hand out bags to everyone we meet. The stallholders help by encouraging their customers to come to us for a morsbag if they came in at the other side of the tent to where we are. The arrangement works splendidly and we usually meet mostly the same sellers – who are all interested in morsbags and get the idea.

The rally is on from Friday 4th – Sunday 6th July. I hope the weather will be fine like last year (we’ll forget about the year before….)

http://www.padstow-rally.co.uk/

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Less than 2 weeks to go, and half of next week will be taken up as we have to go on a trip to Kent, but we still have 8 days to make 50 or so bags. I’m sure we can do it!! 😀 We’ve made 250 or so since we came back from our hols.

ivybags
    ivybags
    Participant

Wish I could join you, but have a lot on that weekend
    However, I do have, to date, 30 bags, and may have more – when are you going/back from Kent ?

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Hi Ivybags! We’ve just got back from our trip to a Kentish funeral, sorry I didn’t see your post, I haven’t been online for a couple of days – been driving, mostly.

Masterclock has been working like a demon on the sewing machine (I’ve been cooking and gardening as well of sewing, so I’m only a third of a demon) and we’ve made 310 bags in the last two and a half weeks. More bags are always welcome, of course! Do you have any plans to visit Cornwall in the next week as the Padstow rally is in a week’s time.

If that’s not on, we are discussing a possible session in an art gallery in Penzance. We were invited ages ago, but didn’t want to tie ourselves down too far ahead. When Padstow is over I intend to contact them to see about a bagging event in July or August.

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Ooh great news about Penzance, Beattie. Look forward to hearing more! x

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

looking

ivybags
    ivybags
    Participant

Will drop them in later today if your in – text me – down till tomorrow.
    Just finishing them off before I leave

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

I did, and she did! 😉
    Thank you so much, Ivybags, for a huge bagful of bags. I hope it stays dry for your flying visit. We’re now ready with plentiful supplies for next weekend 😀

ivybags
    ivybags
    Participant

It was nice to catch up with the Beatties, and enjoy a “Squishy coffee” I hope my 51 bags swelled the coffers a bit for next weekend, which hopefully will be better than today !!!

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

😀

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Hope its going well Beattie and Masterclock! saw hello to the vulture man from me!! 😉

ivybags
    ivybags
    Participant

Hope it all went well beattie and Masterclock – and that the skies were reasonably kind to you =- looking forward to pics

sazzie
    sazzie
    Participant

I hope you’ve had a great weekend , I too look forward to a report and pics

masterclock
    masterclock
    Participant

Well,

1 We are back ok

2 Weather was a bit of a curate’s egg. Tent was republican as it leaked solely on a royal bag, but lots of sunshine too

3 Gave away over 440 bags

4 Including 40+ made while we were there

5 Cozy corner next to the baked goodies with free samples

6 Opposite the “kitchen” with exotic hot boxes

7 Ever had an ice cream where the tables round you gasp when yours arrives?

8 Fire engine actually avoided a collision with a boat and a half on the way there and did an overtake on the way home.

9 Beattie did Radio Cornwall

10 Wonder if pics of smoking plane will come out?

Yes, I think you can say it was pretty good.

Sorry no report and pics from Beattie yet, but she is strangely anxious to make more kits – can’t think why.

f

ivybags
    ivybags
    Participant

An excellent weekend all round – tell her downstairs we want proof (sorry pics)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.