October 5th – Plastic Carrier Bag Charges

Morsbags HomeForumsdates for diaries…October 5th – Plastic Carrier Bag Charges

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by offcuts offcuts 8 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

I have been looking for an opportunity to promote our campaign and Leicester City Council have come up trumps. Morsbags are known and loved by Sir Peter Soulsby, City Mayor elect, and Sarah Harrison, Assistant City Mayor in Leicester. I emailed Sarah to see if she had any ideas where we could have a pop-up make or take and she suggested VisitLeicester.

EMGNNY

On tuesday I went for a meeting with the new operations manager Rachel Fraser-Orton. It was very forthcoming and we have agreed the following

* window display publicising morsbags and their achievements in Leicestershire

* Saturday 3rd October, workshop/demo morsbagging for the public

* Guerilla bagging the public 500 morsbags made by Offcuts2

*Curtain-drive. Publicised drop off points around the city where the public can donate curtains which will go to Offcuts2 who are very short of fabric.

*press release. Should be plenty of media interest

The message will be as it always is, stock up with re-usable bags.

I am very excited, it is a great venue with really good footfall. We are hoping that Sir Peter Soulsby will come and finish the morsbag he started!

IMG_0016

masterclock
    masterclock
    Participant

Had been a bit quiet of late. Should have guessed you were working up to a big one.

Well done, do keep us updated.

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

we’re taking a leaf out of the teachers’ books and just meeting during term-time now Masterclock, plus Brocks Hill run events for the little humans during the holidays and we can’t do what we do in the hall. This is swings and roundabouts because we get a rest and can go on holidays but there were over 1000 morsbags waiting to be checked and counted by the team! Beattie’s figures should be back up for september! Hence the need for a curtain drive and a replacement for Skopos! We’ll see, you never know who you’re going to give a morsbag to!

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Sounds wonderful, Offcuts!! Do you still have the half-made morsbag that Sir Peter Soulsby started?? Golly-gosh!!

Looks like a great venue for a make & take session / handout 😀

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Double post!

• This reply was modified 8 years, 10 months ago by beattie beattie.
    beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Triple post?!
    How did that happen??

• This reply was modified 8 years, 10 months ago by beattie beattie.
    Krisaby
    Krisaby
    Participant

Well done again Offcuts! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant!

Pol
    Pol
    Keymaster

Fantastic! Really brilliant plans afoot 🙂 Can’t wait to hear how it goes…

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Thank you! A bit of morsbagger’s licence Beattie!

masterclock
    masterclock
    Participant

Well today’s the day.

News is full of “Baggolypse” and ” Riots at checkouts” , but I wonder what will really happen??

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

I watched 50 people going into Asda and they all had reusables. The same will happen that happened in Wales and Scotland will happen here. Peeps will not want to pay.

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Pretty good result then!! 😀

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

People were so ready for it from what I could see!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.