Next Handout – March 1st

Morsbags HomeForumsdates for diaries…Next Handout – March 1st

This topic contains 28 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by offcuts offcuts 10 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    sazzie
    sazzie
    Participant

I thought I’d create a new thread for the March handout…. Here is what Pol posted on the homepage

Pol wrote – We had a really successful handout in January – well done everyone! So are you ready for the next handout in March?

We’ve chosen Saturday 1st of March and thought it’d be a great way to give everyone a Spring in their step!

The idea is to sew like mad to make as many lovely morsbags to hand out as possible – perhaps organise a local group for courage, support and joy, and hand out free morsbags to locals wherever you are in the world……

You can:

bag your local corner shop
    bag a local restaurant
    bag a whole street by posting through letterboxes
    bag a theatre
    bag a bus
    bag your entire family
    bag the local school
    The possibilities are endless and it’s up to YOU, wherever YOU are!

If you fancy joining in, give us, and your local radio/newspaper, a shout. Email, or write here to say that you’re IN and see what people in other areas are doing…

• This topic was modified 10 years, 2 months ago by sazzie sazzie.
    sazzie
    sazzie
    Participant

Im in…. Not sure how yet… But I’ll be doing something…. Thinking cap on.

sazzie
    sazzie
    Participant

For anybody planning to contact their local newspaper / newsletter etc please note there is a blank header in the ‘resources’ section.

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Do you think it is possible to cut and paste the logo on to an email?

sazzie
    sazzie
    Participant

Yes Offcuts…

sazzie
    sazzie
    Participant

Bump… Anyone else planning on joining in?

butterfly bags
    butterfly bags
    Participant

I’m not sure I will be able to do anything actually on the day because its the twins birthday on the Sunday but I will do something around that time. Even if its just using morsbags instead of horribly plastic party bags.

(I wasn’t very clever having my babies. 5 out of the 6 children have their birthdays in the space of 5 weeks so February and March are a bit busy for us!)

sazzie
    sazzie
    Participant

Morsbags instead of plastic party bags definitely counts!

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Butterfly, I was thinking that Amanda’s giveaway is around that time so we could count that as our main March 1st handout. We can talk about it on tuesday.

butterfly bags
    butterfly bags
    Participant

Oh yes Offcuts. So it is.

Pol
    Pol
    Keymaster

I’m going to bag 2 local cafes… they usually have blankets on the outside chairs, so if it’s still cold in March, I’ll add a morsbag to the blanket….

sazzie
    sazzie
    Participant

Ooh blankets on the outside chairs… How fabulous is that!

JC
    JC
    Participant

I’m in!

sazzie
    sazzie
    Participant

I’ve just posted on Facebook re the handout and offered to send a bag to any of my friends who contact me saying they would like one …. I’ve done this before and it’s worked quite well, and I know some members of Team Leicester have used this strategy too.

I thought this might be a good idea for anyone who isn’t keen on handing out bags to strangers.

• This reply was modified 10 years, 2 months ago by sazzie sazzie.
    • This reply was modified 10 years, 2 months ago by sazzie sazzie.
    ivybags
    ivybags
    Participant

Ooh – Pol – is it one of these http://www.pinterest.com/pin/318066792404729452/
    I had a lovely breakfast in Kensington High St before catching my train back home last month -fleecy blankets on outside chairs such a lovely touch

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.