Next handout 20th November 2016

Morsbags HomeForumsdates for diaries…Next handout 20th November 2016

This topic contains 17 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Agwen Agwen 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Pol and Joe wrote this the other day and I repeat it here –

Let’s bag everyone for Christmas and remind them that morsbags make not only great presents but fabulous reusable wrapping paper!

We’re going to bag a local village – one morsbag through every letterbox that day – what will you do?

A coordinated handout means that many morsbags will be rehomed on the same day… get together with friends and pod members to have fun handing out morsbags.

Please join in!

Agwen
    Agwen
    Participant

It is a while since we took part in a mass handout. It is nice to have a one to look forward to. I will talk to our pod and see what suggestions we can come up with for that day.

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

I’m going to make some more bags for this handout day. Don’t know yet where to give them away.

Agwen
    Agwen
    Participant

Good news and bad news.
    The bad news is Macs Bags can not take part in the hand out as a pod. There a so many of us that have other commitments that we can’t get together.
    The good news is that bags will be being distributed places as far afield as Texas, Tobago and Sri Lanka.
    Hope you all have a successful had out on 20thNovember.

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

I call that wide distribution Agwen! Well done Macs Bags pod members 😀

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

In Leicester we shall be distributing bags at the Brocks Hill Christmas Fair. Thanks to Jan and Ann.

Kathy Kennedy
    Kathy Kennedy
    Participant

I handed out bags to people in my neighborhood.

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

That’s great Kathy! 😀 I’m sure they were well received. I had a few bags to give away but didn’t as it was raining. It’s even worse today – I will rehome them when it stops.

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Jan and Ann handed out 50 morsbags. Well done Kathy 🙂

Kathy Kennedy
    Kathy Kennedy
    Participant

Kudos to Jan and Ann. Fifty bags is a lot!

squeaks bags
    squeaks bags
    Participant

Hi, not been on for a while but have just added the 61 bags I’ve made over the last few months. I did a giveaway on Monday the 21st of November at work of 30 bags and 8 kits…. I always have a couple with me when shopping and often give them to someone at the till 😋

squeaks bags
    squeaks bags
    Participant

Hi, not been on for a while but have just added the 61 bags I’ve made over the last few months. I did a giveaway on Monday the 21st of November at work of 30 bags and 8 kits…. I always have a couple with me when shopping and often give them to someone at the till 😋

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Hello Squeak! Great to hear from you and well done with your give away 🙂

Jan Shea
    Jan Shea
    Participant

Anyone have an idea what date this will be for 2017? We have a Sew A Thon Scheduled for November 18th – any chance it might be around that date?

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Hi Jan, we do not usually have have the co-ordinated giveaways at the same time every year, however we could or another idea is we used to do International Morsbagging Days where morsbaggers from all over the world make morsbags. We have a running total and a final figure worldwide. It gets quite exciting and spurs people on to make morsbags.We could also post on social media which would publicise it further.

So weekend of 18th and 19th November: International Morsbagging Weekend to commemorate our 10th year of morsbags. Howabout it morsbaggers?!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.