New site questions and issues

Morsbags HomeForumsHelp with the new site…New site questions and issues

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 14 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by beattie beattie 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Joby
    Keymaster

Hi, the new site is here and we are sure a few issues and gremlins on the way.
    Firstly just to say it has been a huge task to get all data across safely and ready for the new system.
    We decided to launch to put everyone out their misery and there are still a few things to sort.
    A (work in progress) page about this is here – https://morsbags.com/welcome and we will do a FAQ page soon
    Please respond here if you have any questions or issues to report.
    Current things we know about are
    * iOS (iPhone/iPad) top right login doesn’t work and the Pods page crashes the browser
    * Trying to edit your Forum Profile or even view it may return a ‘not found’ page
    * Not obvious how to edit your bag tally in your pod (hover over the tally number to see an edit icon – then click)

If any of you have login or pod issues then please let us know here first or email us first on admin@morsbags.com, registering or creating a pod again may cause duplicate users/pods.

Good luck all! Thanks for all your feedback so far and in advance!

sazzie
    sazzie
    Participant

Joby and Pol,

I love the new site, thank you to everyone involved for all their hard work so far.

One issue – When i click on the ‘resources’ section i am unable to download any of the resources listed.

Joby
    Keymaster

thanks for letting us know, will look into this…

sazzie
    sazzie
    Participant

Apologies if i have missed it but do we still have the facility to ‘pm’ fellow morsbaggers?

Joby
    Keymaster

No you are not missing it, I am afraid there is no facility as yet.
    It is not something that has been integrated yet, we wanted to look at all the options first.
    It was a fine balance of delay the site further (on a very tight budget as well) or get it out and see what is demanded!

Joby
    Keymaster

‘Resources’ download links now fixed, was a gremlin.
    Hope they work and you enjoy using them.

sazzie
    sazzie
    Participant

Thank you for such a speedy response.
    I certainly will be checking out the resources ready for the handout in January …. thank you again for making the new site so user friendly .

loopychriss
    Participant

Love the new look website and forums…. is there still going to be a ‘catch up’ section though, for non-morsbag related chat? Thanks

Pol
    Pol
    Keymaster

Hello loopychris – lovely to see you over here! Thank you for reminding us of that area: here’s a link; https://morsbags.com/forums/forum/catch-non-morsbag-related-chat/

sazzie
    sazzie
    Participant

Hello, another quick question…. how to i upload pics?
    I’ve made some bags for the Christmas morsbag competition this morning and have pics on my phone…. any help/advice appreciated.
    In the meantime i’ll put them on the fb page.

Joby
    Keymaster

Hi Sazzie, if you mean to place on the forum then it is the same as usual – you upload them to flickr and then get the url of the picture by selecting the ‘share’ icon on the image in flickr and then clicking the ‘link’ icon to get the URL of the picture (this is the same as the old forum)
    Then here in the forum simply click the ‘ing’ button above the place you are typing and paste the url into the dialogue box that appears – job done – no need for silly tags etc like the old forum

• This reply was modified 10 years, 7 months ago by Avatar Joby.
    sazzie
    sazzie
    Participant

Love the new site layout that is appearing tonight, well done guys x

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

I agree!

ivybags
    ivybags
    Participant

Me too

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Much better being able to log in from the forum pages, instead of finding something you want to reply to, logging in, then having to find it again. I was having problems finding new posts too. It’s much better with the box of new posts on the right.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.