March Morsbagging

This topic contains 59 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Krisaby Krisaby 9 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    Pol
    Pol
    Keymaster

Here’s March 9th! March9

Some old curtains and an old cushion cover upcycled for a better life…

Pol
    Pol
    Keymaster

Here’s March 10th – March10

A thinner morsbag but great for putting in a pocket… it used to be a doll’s bed sheet!

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

I just LOVE March 6th Pol! And 8th… though I feel mean picking individual bags out – they’re all lovely! 😀

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

What strikes me, Pol, is the variety of bags that you’ve made in March! 😀 I find I get stuck on churning out groups of bags that all match, as one duvet cover, or a pair of curtains make so many! I mix them up a bit to get some contrasts and to give the eventual pickers a choice, but find I get fed up with seeing the same prints, or colours. Yours are so beautifully individual!! 😀

Pol
    Pol
    Keymaster

Here’s March 11th: a Man morsbag?

March11th

Thank you Beattie! The truth is that I’m having a clear out of all the bitty bits that have been hanging around forever, either because they are hard fabrics to tackle so I’ve been avoiding them or because they’re so nice, I’ve been ‘waiting’ to make them (not sure for what!). They’re generally small one off pieces of material, such as March 6th, but usually I’m the same as you, stuck in a big duvet rut – so I consciously made a decision to make a variety to keep me motivated and simultaneously empty a big box that has been hanging around for ages! Thank you for noticing though 🙂

Pol
    Pol
    Keymaster

Here’s March 12th – this is an old baking apron – amazing how it has changed functions through upcycling!

March12th

Pol
    Pol
    Keymaster

March 13th: March13th

This was a retro pillowcase…

Pol
    Pol
    Keymaster

Here’s March 14th – March14th

Excuse the photo; I had to use one hand to hold the bag down as it wouldn’t behave! nightmare fabric, but a pleasing ‘scrunch-up-into-pocket’ bag, with a life of its own!

Krisaby
    Krisaby
    Participant

Great bags. So far my favourites are March 12 and 14!

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

More lovely bags! I know what you mean about sewing up that filmy fabric – it’s so ornery!! Makes super, space-saving bags though!

Every now and then we take on “The Bitsa Challenge” and try to use up the awkward bits that are too attractive to throw away, but are too small on their own to make a bag. It’s very satisfying to work your way through a box of nice bits and use them all up! That Paddington bag will be very popular, I’m sure! 😀

Pol
    Pol
    Keymaster

Here’s March 15th – and old duvet cover:

March15

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

😀 Nice!!

Krisaby
    Krisaby
    Participant

Love it!

Pol
    Pol
    Keymaster

Here’s March 16th – a former cushion cover from the Royal Yacht Britannia (Thank you Prince Charles!) 3 needles were broken in the making of this morsbag…

March16

Pol
    Pol
    Keymaster

March16

(had to post this separately as it wouldn’t let me put it in the former post – v strange!)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 60 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.