Laugh or cry

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by offcuts offcuts 10 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

I just didn’t know which to do. I met up with a friend of mine yesterday. I had given her a morsbag about 5 years ago. Here is good news and bad news. The good news is she was using her morsbag and it looked well worn, the bad news is when she got up to go she put her morsbag into a plastic bag because it was raining! Oh My Goodness!! :-O

Agwen
    Agwen
    Participant

Yes it is a problem, the rain soaks through a standard bag. May I suggest marketing the blackout fabric as waster proof. I have one which I put my frozen food in to bring it home and it keeps the dampness away form the other food.

P.S. We have found that a blue tipped needle goes through the black out fabric quite well.

Krisaby
    Krisaby
    Participant

Yes it can be a problem. Agwen, I suggest people use the blackout fabric too. When I sew it I put a strip of cotton on the final seams because my machine foot gets caught and pulls the bag out of position otherwise. That blackout fabric makes a good strong bag – but not so much fun as the fancy cotton ones!

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

LOL! It’s like when people give you fabric after you’ve bagged them – it ALWAYS comes in plastic bags!! 🙄

Krisaby
    Krisaby
    Participant

Oh Beattie Yes! But for the first time ever someone brought me some curtain material the other day and it was loose. I was so pleased.

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

I try to insist on loose but we still get some and my under stairs is full of plastic bags. I have a vague memory of somewhere they could be sent for recycling. I certainly don’t trust the collection bins in the supermarkets. Several people in the know have told me it just goes to landfill 🙁

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.