Joining a pod

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by beattie beattie 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Grannygrotbags
    Participant

Hi all
    Just heard about morsbags and thought I would give it a go. Found a pod in my area and have clicked the link to join their pod and sent them a message ( just one person in pod)
    Does it automatically give them my email address to contact me?
    Will leave it a couple of weeks to hear as people may be on holiday but if not will start pod of my own.
    How have people generally found others to join you?

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Hello and welcome Grannygrotbags! (My kids used to enjoy that programme 😀 )

Morsbags has been going since 2007 so some pods will have come and gone, so I think your plan is a good one. If you don’t hear back from the pod you messaged, feel free to go ahead and start your own pod.

If you’re a sociable sort, then sewing with friends can be a lot of fun. You could mention morsbags to people you already know and see if any of them would like to join you. (This is how I heard about morsbags, back in 2007.) Other ways of finding morsbagging friends include putting posters locally in shop windows / noticeboards, articles in local papers or on local radio.

Good luck Grannygrotbags, let us know how you get on.

Grannygrotbags
    Participant

Thanks for the tips beattie !
    I moved to the area 4 years ago now but 2 have been during COVID times so I’m going to be brave and put something on our local Facebook group!
    Yours
    Grannygrotbags 🙂

Cranleigh Villages
    Participant

I’ve set up our new pod and sent the link to a friend so she can join. just had an email telling me that she has requested to join but if I follow the links to allow her to join it keeps taking me back to the ‘send a request to join’. What am I doing wrong?!

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

I’m sorry you’re having trouble Cranleigh Villages
    I’ve sent an email to Joe on admi@morsbags.com for assistance

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.