Hello from the Mad Old Crone

Morsbags HomeForumswelcome new podsHello from the Mad Old Crone

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 11 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Anonymous 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Mad Old Crone
    Mad Old Crone
    Participant

Despite having a sewing machine for many years, I’ve only recently started putting it to work. I’ve always hated waste, so have tried to reuse or recycle anything I can and due to friends and family knowing this, I’ve acquired lots of suitable old clothes, soft furnishings and unwanted fabric to make a LOT of Morsbags. I’ve just ordered my labels and will be getting to work as soon as they arrive.

Luckily a good friend of mine runs a charity shop and I thought it would be a good place to use as an outlet. They are happy to take fabric donations for me and also allow me to pick through anything they think unfit to sell before it is sent away for recycling. They’ll also send any waste I produce to be recycled too.

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Hello Mad Old Crone – from another one!! 😉 Welcome! 😀

I also hate waste and that’s what keeps me addicted to morsbagging. I love to take something that would have been thrown out, make it useful, and then, best of all, give it away FREE!!

It sounds as if you’re all organised, even down to the distribution – excellent!! One thing we sometimes find with charity shop assistants is that they can’t turn down the opportunity to make a little extra for their charity, so it can be really hard to convince them that morsbags have to be free.
    “But it’s for ——–!”
    “No, it’s free!”

I’m sure you’ll have a stream of tablecloths with one stain that you can work around and duvet covers with felt tip ink in the corner – that are just the ticket for making bags.

I’m looking forward to hearing more and seeing some photos in due course. 😀

Mad Old Crone
    Mad Old Crone
    Participant

I know she won’t charge for the bags, we’ve been best friends for over 40 years and she’s not that type of person. As I’m making them on my own at the moment, I’ll probably only manage to make enough to hand out when I’m in the shop, although another couple of local shops have said they’ll let me put a poster in the window to tell everyone to go to my friend’s shop for their free bag, hopefully they’ll then get a bit more custom in return for giving out my bags. I’m also thinking of taking my handcrank machine in so people can have a go at making their own.

I’m hoping to recruit a few more people to make them as I know a lot of people involved in sustainable living who help fun environmental awareness events, which I’m hoping to get a small stall at. I’ve already got a suitable tent, I just need more people to make enough to make it worthwhile setting up and taking the handcrank. I think people would enjoy having a go at making one and if they don’t want to make their own, they can take a ready made one.

Krisaby
    Krisaby
    Participant

Go for it Mad Old Crone! Looking forward to hearing your adventures

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Yay for handcranks!! We like to use them at events, they attract attention (almost everyone of a certain age reminisces about “helping” their granny/ mum/ auntie by turning the handle for them as a child. Also they mean you don’t need an electric supply (can be expensive, if it’s available at all) or PAT test.

I’m looking forward to hearing how it goes 😀

sazzie
    sazzie
    Participant

Hi Mad Old Croan, (love the name), welcome to the addictive world of morsbaging. I look forward to hearing about your adventures.

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Hi Mad Old Croan! I love your name too! Good luck with your morsbagging, I’m sure you’ll have lots of fun and inspire others along the way. 🙂

butterfly bags
    butterfly bags
    Participant

Hello from me too Mad Old Crone! Keep us updated with your morsbag making!!
    I made a lovely 7 bags today.

Agwen
    Agwen
    Participant

Hello Mad Old Crone. Sounds like you have lots of lovely ideas. Looking forward to hearing more.

Hallo from me too!!
    Welcome to the mad old world of Morsbags!!!!

pamsingh2018
    Participant

Hello peeps

Anonymous

Hello

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.