Guides

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Krisaby Krisaby 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Pol
    Pol
    Keymaster

I’ve been thinking about the Guides and their badges. They have 2 badges that may be suitable for morsbagging – ‘Community Action’ and ‘Craft’. However, I was never a guide – anyone have any expertise or involvement with the guides who could suggest ideas to their local group/head office?

I’m going to look at the pods and see if any of their names give away guide involvement and write to them.

Apparently the Guides are split into 9 main areas:
    Girlguiding Anglia
    Girlguiding Cymru (Wales)
    Girlguiding London and South East England
    Girlguiding Midlands
    Girlguiding North East England
    Girlguiding North West England
    Girlguiding Scotland
    Girlguiding South West England
    Girlguiding Ulster

so I thought I would write each one a letter and send them a kit and a made-up morsbag to try and whet their interest. Then I thought it might be better to split the job up locally and ask if anyone fancies taking one of the above as it might be better to come from a local?

http://www.girlguiding.org.uk/system_pages/small_navigation/contact_us.aspx

• This topic was modified 10 years, 5 months ago by Pol Pol.
    offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Thats a great idea to link in with the badges. We can take the midlands. Maybe suggest that the leaders come to our morsroom. We know someone who is high up in the organisation. Will get back to you with more info.

Pol
    Pol
    Keymaster

Thanks Offcuts – will look into this a bit more next week.

Krisaby
    Krisaby
    Participant

That is a really good idea Pol. I tried once or twice locally in the days before George got quite so poorly and got vague nibbles of interest but nothing came of it – probably because I do not have the time to push people into a commitment. I think your idea is excellent.

• This reply was modified 10 years, 5 months ago by Krisaby Krisaby.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.