Fabric leaves my shed to make more morsbags

Morsbags HomeForumsmorsbag chatFabric leaves my shed to make more morsbags

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Pol Pol 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

I had two visits from morsbaggers today. First was Barbara from Whissybags in Rutland. They have a lovely pod going following my WI event. They have made 34 bags but not yet given any out hence needed some fabric. Their plan is for the village shop to use them. I explained that the fabric would soon come flooding in once the bags were out there. I also gave them thread and labels. Barbara had a eureka moment; her daughter is an upholsterer and the plan is to ask her customers for the old curtains when she makes them new ones and gives them a morsbag off course.

My second visit was from Ruth who is in offcuts and lives in the next village, Great Glen. She makes morsbags at home in the winter. In the summer she gardens. She has now made over 400. She certainly helps bump up offcuts’s tally! My favourite part of this story involves her husband who was not over impressed with her latest hobby. However it all changed when he took some bags ,made by Ruth, into the local hospital where he is a volunteer. He gave them to the receptionist who got a bit excited! He went to see the lady who organises all the volunteers and they agreed that he would gradually bring in bags for all the volunteers. I loved Ruth’s idea. It just shows that there are so many places to give away morsbags, its just a case of doing it!

@Beattie- after today we have a little less fabric to carry upstairs to our new room! 😉

• This topic was modified 10 years, 3 months ago by offcuts offcuts.
    beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

That’s good news Offcuts!! 😀 Well done Whissey bags & well done Ruth. It’s not really gardening weather at the mo. I was almost tempted into picking up some leaves today, but it was a bit too chilly, even though the sunshine was welcome. I was just thinking about you and your fabric supplies and the move to the new morsroom today. Any news about that yet?

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Things are moving but not us just yet! I have had a text from Roger and this pic has appeared ob fb! Looks promising!

1555388_277993452357094_1321363406_n

@ Beattie – the photo is smaller!!

• This reply was modified 10 years, 3 months ago by offcuts offcuts.
    Pol
    Pol
    Keymaster

Brilliant Bagging Barbara and Ruth (and husband!) It’s certainly bagging weather Beattie… 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.