Day-Light in Cornwall

Morsbags HomeForumsyour areaDay-Light in Cornwall

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by beattie beattie 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

There’s a pod in St. Day, mid Cornwall, that’s been quietly pegging away, making morsbags for distribution in a village shop.
    Lovely Lesley M. who started Day-Light pod, and Lorna from St Day General Store were interviewed last week by Donna Birrell from Radio Cornwall and the interview featured on Donna’s Breakfast programme on Saturday 31st August.

I hope this link might work, until the end of September, anyway. https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p07kkwpg

Lesley and Lorna get a mention in every news bulletin on the hour and the half hour, but the interview itself comes up 1.42.50 and 2.42.20 into the programme, for about 5 minutes each time.

Lesley makes 10 bags a week for Lorna in the shop to give out to customers. They are delighted by the number of customers who remember to bring their morsbags back, again and again and again!

Fantastic job, Lesley and Lorna! And thank you for the publicity Donna!

ivybags
    ivybags
    Participant

Well spotted Beattie, and well done to Day Light pod – must check out the store next town Im down in Four Lanes,a s I often pass through St Day

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Ah, Ivybags! If you’re in St Day make sure you also check out “Be The Solution”, the new refill shop adjoining the Launderette and next door to the General Stores. It’s a little gem – sells all sorts of “green” cleaning products. Bring your own bottle or get one there.
    St Day has so many eco-enthusiasts!

ivybags
    ivybags
    Participant

Thanks, we have a few of these here too. Riverford have started doing it
    I also noticed that the pet shop in Ivybridge has a display full of bagged up dog goodies – in little hand made fabric draw string bags.

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

That’s a great idea! I keep meaning to make some more lightweight mesh bags with drawstrings for fruit & veg. I made some years ago, but they gradually got mislaid here and there. I think I only have one left – and would be pushed to find it right now! Hmmm

Odd Handles
    Participant

Well done Day Light and thank you Beattie for telling us about them. On the subject of net bags for fruit and veg, I noticed that one of the businesses that donated their waste to the Birmingham Scrapstore have made net bags using their own waste net. It was so refreshing after hearing businesses saying that they didn’t have time to make bags to give away. This company MADE time! They are on the Birmingham Scrapstore Facebook page.

Well done again Day Light pod! xx

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

That’s a great story Odd Handles! I have made a few net bags in the past but never got good at finishing off the top where there are seams and drawstrings that need to have a tidy little space to operate through. I need a tutorial!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.