Craft4Crafters Shepton Mallett

Morsbags HomeForumsdates for diaries…Craft4Crafters Shepton Mallett

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Jacki Hebblethwaite 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Jacki Hebblethwaite
    Participant

From Thursday 25 November 2021 until Saturday 27 November, SodburyBags will be at the Christmas Fair organised by Craft4Crafters at Shepton Mallett. We will have machines at the ready to help anyone make themselves a bag and we will also be handing out pre made bags. The event runs from 10am until 5pm each day. Any offers of help welcome! Contact us via our pod – Sodbury Bags.

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Sounds fantastic Jacki! Sorry I won’t be there, but have a great time.

ivybags
    ivybags
    Participant

Thats excellent Jacki
    I remember being at Craft4Crafters at Westpoint a few years ago. We were always very busy. We made up lots of kits beforehand, and rarely had any kits or finished bags left.

Good luck, have fun – sorry its a bit far for me

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Ivybags’ comment has jogged my memory –

I’d suggest that you don’t try to iron bags-in-the-making on the stall, have ironed kits ready to sew. Hot surfaces and “The Public” not a great idea, and it’s time consuming.

Enjoy! 😀

Jacki Hebblethwaite
    Participant

Thanks Everyone. We don’t use an iron – we have stones! Nice big round heavy stones. Great for pressing. Handles are premade in most cases and machines are PAT tested and ready to go. Just need plenty of advertising.

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Stones! Great idea, why didn’t we think of that!

Line of Pritt Stick type glue down the back of the label to hold it in place while you sew it on?

Sounds like you’re all ready to go, Jacki, thumbs up!

Jacki Hebblethwaite
    Participant

Oh dear. Are they supposed to be straight!! Seriously, we generally do it by eye from the line of stitching around the top and use handle position to centre. Maybe we wouldn’t pass quality control….

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.