Coronavirus

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Ann Montgomery Ann Montgomery 7 hours, 33 minutes ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    MaureenHB
    Participant

Should we be giving out bags in the current situation? I make bags for my local food bank, but would it be better to hang on to them for now?

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

I suggest you contact the food bank Maureen to check what their policy is, especially as the situation changes rapidly.

I’m sure that any bags you make in while morsbagging handouts are suspended will not go to waste, and at the time of writing it seems that the coronavirus is non-viable after 3 days, so a time will come when they are safe to give out again.

Agwen
    Agwen
    Participant

I am planning to make morsbags during this time and add to our stock ready for handouts in the future. It will be a really useful way to spend our time.

Keep well everyone

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Thanks Agwen!

I used a morsbag to collect some veg I’d ordered and put it straight in the washing machine when empty, just like I do when I’ve carried meat & fish home from the shops.

Jacki Hebblethwaite
    Participant

As a group we have taken the opportunity to use up all our patchwork scraps to make Morsbags during lockdown. As Sodburybags we have now reached 447. Our local fruit and veg shop still takes the bags and all sizes are welcome. Hopefully we will continue to add to this. Keep well everyone.

jeanf.parkinson
    Participant

I have continued to make Morsbags and they are being used by the local hygiene bank to distribute hygiene and cleaning products to those in need. As the virus is not viable after 72 hours, the bags can be isolated for that time.

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

I believe that is correct, Jean. We’re so lucky that this nasty bug seems to self destruct after a relatively short time.

I have been sewing morsbags for exactly 3 years this week and tried so hard to get to 300 by the exact 3 year anniversary but due to having the first vaccine dose this week i have been too ill with side effects to get to 300 in time! 297 is all i got to!!! Stay safe everyone and keep morsbagging!! How do people source fabric donationsduring a pandemic though? Any ideas as i am running out!

Ann Montgomery
    Ann Montgomery
    Participant

Hi Claire, sorry you had a bad reaction and you didn’t make your target. May I say that it’s the 297 that matter, not those 3 still waiting to be done. So well done, give yourself a pat on the back for all that work and saving all that platic from going into the environment!
    My stock of fabric has ket me going but if I ever needed any, I just asked friends and family and also put a note in every door down the street! I don’t know where you are but if you are near Leicester, I can probably help you out with some. Send a message via Monty Morsbags facebook page. Best wishes Ann

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.