Congratulations O2!

Morsbags HomeForumsmorsbag chatCongratulations O2!

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by offcuts offcuts 8 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

I’d like to offer my hearty congratulations to Offcuts2 who added 501 bags last night to bring their total up to an absolutely amazing 40000 bags made. Yes that’s right, not a typo – forty thousand bags!!

In case you don’t know the history of this pod, it was set up by Offcuts, who lives in Leicester with Leicester Probation Service. The probation service there runs a workshop where people who receive community payback orders (= “community service”) go for however many hours they are required to, in their own time and unpaid

One of the things the workshop does is make morsbags which are then delivered to “Team Leicester” i.e. Offcuts’ own pod, and others in the area, to distribute via all sorts of outlets. These include local food banks, witness support service and the offices of large local employers, as well as the more traditional outlets like stopping shoppers in the street, giving them away to friends, and friends of friends, and so on.

So congratulations also to all involved in the entire operation, from sourcing enough fabric and labels, making the bags and supervising the “paybackers”, to getting all those bags out into the community where they can do what morsbags are meant to do! 😀

BRILLIANT!!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/morsbagscom-Leicestershire/245913008776826

Krisaby
    Krisaby
    Participant

Yes – absolutely BRILLIANT!!

Agwen
    Agwen
    Participant

Congratulations to O2 and Team Leicester

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Thank you on their behalf!

Tracy Cushing
    Tracy Cushing
    Participant

WOW!
    jaw on the floor – fantastic achievement – pats on the back all round

🙂

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Thank you Scallybags! 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.