Changing Pod administrator

Morsbags HomeForumsHelp with the Forum…Changing Pod administrator

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Joby 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jan Shea
    Jan Shea
    Participant

Greetings,
    Chickadeez and friends is in the midst of passing the torch. How do I remove myself as administrator (but not as a member) and then add someone new so they can get the communications, add to the totals, etc?

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Thanks for the enquiry Jan. I don’t know the answer at the moment, but will flag your enquiry for Joe. I’ve had a look at one of my pods and can see that it’s not obvious, a little peek behind the scenes gives the same result. Sorry, dunno! I am confident Joe will be able to help though! 🙂

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Congratulations, by the way, to all in your pod, Chickadeez (and friends). I’ve just seen that you’ve passed the thousand-bags-made mark! Well done all the chickadeez 😀

Joby
    Keymaster

Hi Jan,
    There is a way to do this but yes, it’s not obvious.

Firstly you need to invite the other user as a member. To do this it’s easier to make sure they’re signed up to the site first, just with a user account.
    Then once you know their email address you can recruit them
    When viewing your pod click the ‘Recruit People’ button. If you don’t see this button click ‘Edit Pod Details’ and make sure ‘Recruiting?’ is ticked then Save

Once you click Recruit People a box will appear to add by email.
    Once you have they will be added to your pod instantly (because they are already a member of the site)

Once they appear in the pod list click the little ‘Bod’ icon next to their user name and and it will promote them to admin

There’s no need to demote yourself to member, you can have many admins and may be advised to have an overlap period.

To remove yourself as admin simply click on the Bod icon next to your username. WARNING! As soon as you can’t reverse this action as you’ll no longer admin!

Otherwise just email us and we can help you do all of this ourselves!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.