Can gift bags be morsbags?

Morsbags HomeForumsvariations on a morsbagCan gift bags be morsbags?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar quiltdyer 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Emma1578
    Participant

Hi

I understand the the point of a morsbag is to replace a plastic bag but my question is…. can fabric gift bags and bottle bags be labelled as morsbags? I know they are generally paper or cardboard but they are also discarded after one or two uses

quiltdyer
    Participant

Hi Emma,

My thinking is that if we are keeping waste out of the landfill, and saving trees, then it would be a valid use of our fabric and worthy of a Morsbags label. Wonder what the “authorities” have to say.

Thanks for giving me the idea to put some labels on the gift bags I make!

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

I have not replied as this has been a “bone of contention” in the past which I didn’t want to dig up again!!

I think it depends on how big the gift bags are and how many times they get re-used.

I also make some produce bags from surplus net fabric. They have drawstring tops and I find that fruit and veg keep better in them, but I don’t count them as morsbags.

What do other morsbaggers think?

quiltdyer
    Participant

Glad to hear your input Beattie! I don’t want to upset anyone.

My produce bags wouldn’t be morsbags. I made a batch out of organza on someone’s advice, but I found the food didn’t keep well in them.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.