Bagging at the library!

Morsbags HomeForumsyour areaBagging at the library!

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by beattie beattie 9 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Morsbaggers Mary, Maggie and myself had a great afternoon showing people how to make morsbags at St Barnabas library in Leicester. It is one of two libraries we have that are round with round book cases!

Unknown

Eighteen bags were made including twelve made out of curtains donated by Prince Charles. Big thank you to Theresa and the staff at St Barnabas library for making us so welcome. We are often given tips at events and todays involved coffee. Mixing the coffee with cold milk before pouring on the boiling water. It was lovely! Here are some pics

Maggie arriving with kits. Someone at the library had made a lovely poster

IMG_0491

Our first bag maker!

IMG_0497

As you can see this lady has two royal morsbags! One she made and the other was a prize for being our 500th ‘like’ on facebook. Well done Elizabeth!!

IMG_0499

At the end Theresa, the librarian had a chance to make a royal bag. Looking on is my friend Gez who suggested the event and linked us up.

IMG_0500

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

ps I have just noticed the curved planters and plinths. I love art deco!

masterclock
    masterclock
    Participant

Always thought it must be tricky to furnish a light house.

Some nice bags there

f

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

They are amazing buildings Frank. We’ll take you next time you and Barbara visit.

Krisaby
    Krisaby
    Participant

That looks another brilliantly successful event Offcuts. Lovely photos. What a splendid venue.

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

That building looks very like the Tube station near where I grew up in London. There’s a curved arcade of shops behind it.

Southgate station / exterior

Looks like a super day was had by all! 😀 Congratulations Elizabeth! And well done to the person who made that lovely poster 😀

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.