All About August

Morsbags HomeForumsmorsbag chatAll About August

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by beattie beattie 8 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

It’s not surprising that we had a quieter month in August – children off school, most people taking holidays, lovely summer weather – OK, maybe not too much of that, but we still have a lot of distractions at this time of year.

Worldwide, 36 pods made 1178 bags between them. It’s noticeable that the big producers, O2 were not operating in August as that is fewer than previous months.

Pods that made morsbags in August (and I hope I haven’t got any duplicates this time) are –
    ColBags
    Cuckoobird
    Kentish Essex Girls
    Footpod
    Morsbag Meisters
    Charnwood
    Darting Frog
    Sew Pretty
    South Gwent Pod
    LarkieBags
    Greenbags
    Scallywagbags
    Te Awa Pod
    Torti
    Bagseythat
    Bude Baggers
    Whissybags
    Bags by the Bay
    Ladybag
    Wundertuete
    rutundrueb.li
    Bagistas
    Brixton Bags
    Poddington Peas
    Macs Bags
    Longridgebagmaker
    So Mrs Bag
    Bags for life
    Welly Fabric Hoarders
    Olden-Bags
    Kittybags
    HopStitching
    cats in the bags
    swindon stitch social
    Offcuts
    ECOBAGS

Five new pods registered – they are
    UH pod
    Butler College Fashion class
    Trying to be Green
    Olden-Bags
    Old bags new bags

Congratulations on getting started with no shilly-shallying to Olden-Bags, from Oldenburg in Germany. She/he/ they have already made 17 bags. 😀 Well done!

I love it when people hear about morsbags, think “What a great idea” and then do something about it and start making and giving away bags!

Welcome to all of you!

Pol
    Pol
    Keymaster

Thanks for doing this Beattie – fascinating! We love the stats!

Krisaby
    Krisaby
    Participant

You are amazing Beattie. Does it take hours to work out? I find it fascinating and always read your stats even if I don’t comment. Thank you.

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

I keep a running list of new pods and the ones that add bags to the tally, Krisaby. I log on to add a bag or two every few days and I update it then, using my own last entry as a marker. Unfortunately, as the list gets longer during the month it gets easier to add duplicates as I have to scroll up and down my “little list”. And for the total number, I try to remember to make a note of the month’s total from the website’s front page on the evening of the last day of the month. I forgot once and had to add up all the entries (hundreds of them) on a big piece of paper, and Offcuts made a note for me when I was on holiday at the end of April.

Krisaby
    Krisaby
    Participant

I was right – you are amazing!

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

and I remembered at 11.55pm – close!!

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

23.55 is bang on correct!! 😀

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.