35th International Morsbagging Weekend 18th/19th January?

Morsbags HomeForumsdates for diaries…35th International Morsbagging Weekend 18th/19th January?

This topic contains 71 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by beattie beattie 10 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 72 total)
  • Author
    beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

The last International Morsbagging Weekend was in October – how about another one before the handout planned for 25th January? There is one weekend between then and now, so I declare next Saturday and / or Sunday as the

35th International Morsbagging Weekend! That’s Saturday 18th and Sunday 19th January. I’m in!

If you’re in too, pick either or both of those days to sew, get the sewing machine out, have some fabric or kits ready, and sew, sew, sew, coming back to your computer, phone or laptop to update us on your progress. We’ll keep a running tally of the bags made over the weekend and there should be some extra morsbags ready to hit the streets the weekend after. 😀

Coffee & Hot Cocoa

sazzie
    sazzie
    Participant

I’m in, not sure which day but I’ll definitely be making some at some point during that weekend. I was going to iron some ready this afternoon , however my iron obviously didn’t want to play and went bang in protest….grrrr

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

That’s a nuisance, Sazzie! Maybe you can use the “fold & sew” method we use, as I hate ironing? At least irons are not expensive and are easy to come by.

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

I shall let Team Leicester know Beattie 🙂

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

and should we mention to all new morsbaggers far and wide, that bags should be put on their pod tally as well as on this thread?

sazzie
    sazzie
    Participant

Good point Offcuts.

New iron has been purchased, so tomorrow morning it’ll be all systems go!

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Jolly good!

butterfly bags
    butterfly bags
    Participant

Count me in too! Like Sazzie, I’m not sure which day but some will be made over the weekend.

I’m planning on bagging our village on the 25th. With 6 children I have my own team of postmen/women. They can’t wait. Offcuts has given me some offcuts2 bags but I want to make some myself too.

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

That’s a nice idea Butterfly! 😀 How many houses in your village, do you think – or do you know?

sazzie
    sazzie
    Participant

Brilliant idea Butterfly.

butterfly bags
    butterfly bags
    Participant

There are 87 houses in the village (according to one village resident!)
    We will do our best to get them all.

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Perfect size! 😀

Krisaby
    Krisaby
    Participant

Wow! Brilliant!

Krisaby
    Krisaby
    Participant

I just saw Butterfly above with her village bagging. With six children that should be fun and will be the talk of the village for ages. I hope the sun shines on you.

sazzie
    sazzie
    Participant

Brilliant ideas

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 72 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.