My user profile is my old pod site pod name – can I change it?

Morsbags HomeForumsHelp with the new site…My user profile is my old pod site pod name – can I change it?

Tagged: , , , ,

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Joby 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Joby
    Keymaster

When we transitioned users to this site we decided to drop the old forum, for many reasons, too many to go into on this thread.
    This meant when we transitioned users to this new site we decided to transition all the core morsbaggers – the podders (people who registered pods). This means your log in is your pod name and the password you had for your pod on the old site.
    If you do not like your username then please note by hovering over the yellow username in the top right once logged in you can click My Profile, then you can change the display name to what you like. This is what people will see you as, like a ‘nickname’ – your username will not change and still be your old pod name. If you have issue with this then let us know via email: admin@morsbags.com
    Podders that had more than one pod registered we tried to make sure the usernames were taken from the most desirable main pod you had registered, please let us know by email if this isn’t to your liking.
    Any similar issues just let us know by replying here….

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Joby, I’ve now managed to log in (had to reset password to get in) but my name isn’t in yellow in the top right corner – it’s in blue. Is this why nothing happens when I try to click on it? The cursor changes to an arrow over the downward-pointing arrow to the right of my name and I assume there should be a drop down menu, but it’s not there.

Joby
    Keymaster

It’s in the process of being fixed for iPads – bad timing! Should be better soon if not already…

sazzie
    sazzie
    Participant

It works from my iphone now 😉

Joby
    Keymaster

Yes the coding fairies visited this morning and sprinkled some magic coding dust in the top right of the site – it now works for iOS devices.
    Also worth noting that the pod page will now work – although the map will not display. Long story but in short – the map crashes apple iOS browsers, something to do with Apple not liking how Google map pins use a lot of memory, Apple are not in a rush to fix this for what is essentially a rivals companies map solution I am afraid. All other mobile devices should work though. We are looking into a fix for this, most likely using a different solution. So if you are on iOS and want to browse the actual map you will need to use a desktop computer for now. all other parts like browsing the list, searching and onward buttons like ‘Create a pod’ are functional now though.

Joby
    Keymaster

Re changing your username please see this thread: https://morsbags.com/forums/topic/i-dont-like-my-username-can-i-change-it/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.