2015 Stats round-up

Morsbags HomeForumsmorsbag chat2015 Stats round-up

This topic contains 13 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by beattie beattie 8 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

I’ve trawled through my monthly stats reports for 2015 and can report some absolutely amazing figures!

In the last year, dozens of pods have made 28719 morsbags and over 120 new pods registered. Unfortunately I didn’t note how many new pods registered in February, so that figure is lost, but the other 11 months total the figure above.

Well done everyone! That’s an amazing achievement for people who make and give away free bags in their free time, just for the fun of it, and for the sake of the natural world.

Happy New Year to morsbaggers worldwide, and happy in 2016 😀

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

PS
    Do you find the regular reports interesting? Would you like me to continue in 2016?

butterfly bags
    butterfly bags
    Participant

I love the monthly updates and always post a link to it from our facebook page. It also motivates me to make sure I add my bags every month! I missed one month and hated not seeing my name on the list.
    Please carry on.
    Happy New Year to you Beattie. How many bags did you make in 2015?

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Thank you for encouraging the stats reports Butterfly! I’ll continue to produce them.

Also, thanks for asking how many bags I made. As I think you will remember I set myself the challenge to make at least one bag a day during the year, except when we were away on holiday. I didn’t quite manage that, got too busy to keep it up later in the year and took most of October off, ditto December, and there were days when I was too tired or felt unwell. When we did events I didn’t count bags made by other people who were supervised by me, and Masterclock made some bags that were added to the global tally, but not to my own spreadsheet.

So, in 2015 I made at least one bag on 242 days and the total made came to 765. 😀

Agwen
    Agwen
    Participant

Thank you for the updates Beattie. I enjoy seeing how many are added to the list every month and when talking to people about morsbags they are encouraged to make more.
    I thought we had swamped our village with bags but in November at our Church Bazaar we had people asking ‘What are morsbags’ So now that Christmas is over and we are in 2016 it is back to the sewing machine to make more bags to add to the total.

Happy New Year everyone.

Tracy Cushing
    Tracy Cushing
    Participant

We like the monthly reports Beattie.
    The all time totals on the pod leader board are inspiring but being mentioned in the monthly dispatched is hugely encouraging to new pods (and long established ones too).

It makes the website more appealing to have a picture that reflects current activity.

Happy New Year Beattie and all the baggers near and far.

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Thank you Agwen and Scallywagbags! More monthly updates will be forthcoming.:D

Tarragon
    Tarragon
    Participant

Definitely keep the monthly stats.

Like butterfly I find it motivating to see my name, well my pod name, on the monthly stats round-up and try to make sure that I remember to add my bags to my total each month. But I also find it encouraging to see the numbers and the pod names of other morsbaggers too. And it demonstrates, to all, exactly how active our morsbags community is.

Keep up the good work

I must be pretty sad though, as I also like to see my pod moving up (tho’ sometimes down 😢) the pages in the list of pods! Strange, as I never responded to targets and objectives at work – ha ha.
    (Currently page 13 – competitive? Moi? 😉)

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Beattie, I agree with all the others about the stats. Thank you so much for doing them for us and no double entries have jumped out at me!

I love seeing which pods are active old and new.

Although we don’t have as many people posting on the forum as in the past the numbers show morsbags is still very active. We do find Facebook is good for local updates but we always refer people back to the forum whenever we can. There is definitely a place for both.

Tarragon, which is your pod?

butterfly bags
    butterfly bags
    Participant

Butterfly Bags are going to take a leap up the charts in January.
    My lovely friend Louise has been very busy making bags for the past few months and she’s just given me her latest total. She has also got a few ladies at her church making them too.

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Thank you Offcuts! 😀

Oooh Butterfly! I’m agog!! 😉

Tarragon
    Tarragon
    Participant

Hi offcuts,

My pod is the Bagistas. Just added ten for this month, so now on page 12, yay!

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Ooh well done for being on page 12, I see you are in Welwyn I am a bit nosy!You are very welcome to visit if you are ever Leicester way pay us a visit!

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Welwyn!? We used to live in Codicote, just up the road, Tarragon. Moved almost exactly 25 years ago, but I don’t suppose it’s changed all that much. Lovely area… 😀

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.