Next handout and international making weekend.

Morsbags HomeForumsmorsbag chatNext handout and international making weekend.

This topic contains 37 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by offcuts offcuts 8 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    butterfly bags
    butterfly bags
    Participant

I’ve just noticed on the home page that March 5th is the next big handout day!! So if we have the International Morsbag making weekend on the 27th/28th Feb with 29th bonus day added, it all fits very nicely.
    What does everyone else think?

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

I spotted the next handout’s date last night too, Butterfly, but had already logged out. I think the two weekends are great timing. 😀

On another topic, are you going to make 10 themed morsbags for the competition?

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

PS, Cornwall celebrates St Piran’s Day on 5th March. My choir, Aggypella, will be singing outside the cinema in Redruth. Perhaps I can get there early and bag people, or maybe bag them after we perform…..
    http://www.visitredruth.co.uk/World-Heritage-Tourist-Information/St_Pirans_Festival_1664.aspx

butterfly bags
    butterfly bags
    Participant

Beattie, Shall I do a new post for the handout and making weekend or would you like to do it? I’m not sure what information needs to be included.
    Congratulations on the new grandchild too!!

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Sounds a great tie-in Butterfly

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

I have my idea for the 10 themed bag comp – just mustn’t leave it to the last minute!

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Hi Butterfly, sorry I’ve only just seen your post. Do you think we need a new thread or post? This one seems OK to me, but go ahead if you want to change anything.

(Thanks for the congratulations, by the way 😀 )

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Is everybody prepped and ready for the International Morsbagging Weekend this weekend?!

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

I have plenty of kits but not much time to sew. If all goes to plan I’ll be able to run up a couple of bags, probably in the evening.

butterfly bags
    butterfly bags
    Participant

I’m at a cheerleading competition with Keavie tomorrow but will sew on Sunday and Monday!

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Same here, well not the cheerleading bit! We are going to pick up our Bruce Springsteen tickets in Coventry tomorrow (SQUEAL!!!)

Tori were you thinking of keeping a tally on our fb page as well. Might encourage a few more people to make? I shall be making competition bags 🙂

Agwen
    Agwen
    Participant

18 bags from Macs Bags today. Hopefully we will add more before Monday.

JenMeister
    JenMeister
    Participant

Nice work, Macs Bags! We’ve had guests this weekend, so I’m just getting started now 🙂

butterfly bags
    butterfly bags
    Participant

Good morning. I was at a cheer competition with Keavie yesterday (she is part of 2 squads (juniors & seniors) and they both got first places and her junior squad won Grand Champions!) so I didn’t get any bags made.
    Well done Mac Bags!!!
    My friend, Louise, makes her bags in batches so makes loads of handles, then adds all the handles, then adds the labels etc. So she had lots of bags in various stages and FINISHED 40 bags yesterday!!
    I’ve got a Sew Sociable meeting this morning and then I will be at my machine!!

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Hi! I’ve been inspired by the posts above and will try to fit in a little sewing this morning before we go out.
    Well done Macs Bags, well done Keavie, well done Louise!
    Looking forward to hearing from you again soon JenMeister & Offcuts.

I can’t make competition bags as I don’t have the material I need yet. Might have to have some time off to visit charity shops….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.