My 100 morsbags challenge.

Morsbags HomeForumspics of morsbags & morsbaggersMy 100 morsbags challenge.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by butterfly bags butterfly bags 10 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    butterfly bags
    butterfly bags
    Participant

The first 10 bags

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Stunning!

butterfly bags
    butterfly bags
    Participant

I do want to make all 100 out of different fabrics, mainly because it will look good in the photos! Lol. Another good reason for me to sort out all those smaller pieces of fabric Offcuts!

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Looking BEAUTIFUL Butterfly! 😀

If you don’t actually have 100 different fabrics, going the mix’n’match way sorts the problem out nicely! We love bitsas in this house & my own fave bags are randomly pieced ones.

butterfly bags
    butterfly bags
    Participant

Good thinking with the bitsa bags Beattie. I’m on a mission to sort out all the smaller bits of fabric at the new morsroom and get them used up.

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

We sure got a lotsa bits 😀 We’ll have to learn how to do those park and ride seams

• This reply was modified 10 years, 1 month ago by offcuts offcuts.
    sazzie
    sazzie
    Participant

Stunning Butterfly, I like the bottom left one best.
    Dare I ask what a park and ride seam is?

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

I think they were doing them on last weeks Sewing Bee on the dungarees

Krisaby
    Krisaby
    Participant

Lovely bags! I have used Beattie’s idea of the bitsa bags and they are fun to do.

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

We now acquire hundreds of fabric pieces from Offcuts2 so we donate it to schools to use for their craft work along with 10 or so cream bags that can be decorated and 10 morsbags for the teachers. We even have a designated morsbagger Margaret who emails the local schools and delivers when she is passing. We are making special giant morsbags out of the thick furnishing fabrics that Dunelm gave us for these goodies and Margaret suggests they are used for any donated curtains etc. I think more schools will start making morsbags because of us doing this. 🙂

butterfly bags
    butterfly bags
    Participant

I’m trying to post a photo of my second 10 but I have forgotten how to do it!!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.