LABELS

This topic contains 28 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by ivybags ivybags 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Nicky Johns
    Nicky Johns
    Participant

Thanks for the offers! My pod is HopStitching, in Malvern, Worcestershire. I’m ok for labels just now, but I’ve just recruited 2 new members, and they would like the “traditional” labels. I’m supplying them from my own label store at the moment, but when it runs out I’ll get back in touch. I’d like my pod to reach 1000 by the end of the year (my personal total has just hit 500, although compared to someone like Rosie this is small fry!) Will you be getting a new batch of the normal labels soon?
    Thanks again for your help!

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Ah, I’ve just read that HopStitching pod has moved to Malvern. I think we met in a marquee or an exhibition stand somewhere, helping members of the public to make themselves a morsbag a few years ago. 🙂
    I hope the move has gone well.

Nicky Johns
    Nicky Johns
    Participant

Yes I’m sure we’ve met! I’ve done a few morsbag stands at exhibitions in the past – great fun. The last one I did was in a marquee at Hampton Court – were you at that one? Hope there will be more of the same when life returns to normal.
    We moved here just before the first lockdown which means our first year or two in Malvern has been a bit strange. But like many morsbaggers I sewed my way through lockdown and I’m now attending a local craft club where I’m encouraging more morsbagging.

ivybags
    ivybags
    Participant

Nicky, we wont be getting any more labels until the stock we have are depleted. I dont know if they will be the standard ones next time.
    But Beattie and I both have some between us, so we would be happy to send out if you message us first. We can replace ours with the Rosie labels

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

“The last one I did was in a marquee at Hampton Court ”

We certainly were there, but only did the first day, I think. Looking back at the posts here on the forum, I think you were there on the Saturday. I don’t know who finished off that gig on the Sunday. https://morsbags.com/forums/topic/hampton-court-handmade-festival/

So I think we have met before that one. Did you go to Kew Gardens or Clarence House, perhaps?

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

It took some time to find this photo of Clarence House event and I can’t believe how long ago it was! (2010)

https://morsbags.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/4839868843_c4314a086e_b.jpg

Nicky Johns
    Nicky Johns
    Participant

No, I didn’t do Clarence House, but I’m in the front of this photo from the Excel centre (?) in 2017.
    Nicky & patient queue Sunday

You may be able to find me now I’ve changed my profile picture to me (I’m not sure why I ever chose a llama!)

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

I could visualise you, Nicky, but not remember when we’d last met. The Great British Sewing Bee Live! That was a lovely show with a great vibe, except for the access problems for exhibitors.

Getting all the kit in and out was a nightmare as the exhibition floor is not at ground level and was only accessible on wheels via a ramp and narrow, one way track. As everyone exhibiting has truckloads of stuff to get in and out it was very time-consuming and annoying to set up and break down.

Still, the people were fabulous and it was a lot of fun otherwise. Covid has changed a lot of things, perhaps we’ll be able to do this sort of event again in a while.

There’s Craft4Crafters Christmas Fair at Shepton Mallett for people to look forward to 😀

ivybags
    ivybags
    Participant

Fond memories of Clarence House event. We had to get clearance for entry
    Always think of it when I watch Escape to the Chateaux (addicted) as Dick Strawbridge was there

ivybags
    ivybags
    Participant

I see that Pol has sent these out for Nicky now
    Thank you Pol. I would not have had 250 to send out

Nicky Johns
    Nicky Johns
    Participant

Pol has been very helpful and has managed to source 250 normal labels from someone who will send them to me … great team effort! Thanks everyone!

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

I’m so pleased it’s all sorted out now 😀

Nicky Johns
    Nicky Johns
    Participant

I received my “standard” labels yesterday. Thanks to all who helped make this happen! All ready for Sewvember…

ivybags
    ivybags
    Participant

Excellent – you can thank Tracy for those – Scallywag Bags. She will be promoting this years “sewvember” soon – so look out for that

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.