Cuckoobird?

This topic contains 14 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by beattie beattie 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Catherine Appleton
    Catherine Appleton
    Participant

I post pics of the pods league table on Bude Baggers facebook page, and someone asked me who Cuckoobird pod is, that’s made over 9000 bags. I don’t actually know – we’re intrigued by the fact that just 2 people can make such a massive amount of bags, so who are these sewing wonders?!

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Its a lot more than 9000 if you add Poddington Peas and a proportion of Aggie Baggies!Nearer to 11,500 There’s a clue!:-D Longevity comes into it. Is it 11 years sewing this year?! so about 1000 a year average! Can’t be bad! xxx to Cuckoobird!

Catherine Appleton
    Catherine Appleton
    Participant

wowzer, just 2 people have been making about 1000 bags a year, every year for 11 years?! that’s extraordinary!

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Yep! That’s commitment! 🙂

Tarragon
    Tarragon
    Participant

Wowzer indeed!
    (And there was me quite proud of my 45 ☺️)

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

And so you should be Tarragon!

butterfly bags
    butterfly bags
    Participant

Every bag is important.
    1000 a year is impressive but if its 2 people and even if they just made 1 bag a day each, it would add up to 730 for the year.
    Xx

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Doable!

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

I’m sure they can correct me if I’m wrong, but I think Pol & Joe started morsbags in January 2007, so it’s been going for eight (nearly nine) years.

So that total is doable, of course, if you can produce an average of 4 bags a day.

In January I pledged to make at least one bag a day for the year, except when on holiday, & I set up a spreadsheet to keep track. I have to confess that I managed pretty well, except for odd days off sick, until the end of September, when I was overtaken by another project and took almost a month off. Still, so far this year I’ve made 754 bags and today is day 317.

Does that give you a clue? 😉

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Sorry about years Beattie!

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

You are an inspiration to us all Beattie. In fact I am going to try. I think Pol likes us to be positive and support each other

butterfly bags
    butterfly bags
    Participant

Beattie, that is an amazing total for the year. I’ve been keeping a count of how many I have made this year and it’s nowhere near that! 😄
    In fact your years total is about the same as my overall total!

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Butterfly, my kids are all grown up – I can’t begin to tell you how much difference that makes! 😀
    Less cooking, less laundry, less picking things up, no homework, no taxi service, a whole lot less talking required …… The list of things that no longer take up my time is endless – and we don’t have a TV, of course. 😉

Catherine Appleton
    Catherine Appleton
    Participant

i’m so impressed – up to august 2014 i was a solitary bagmaker, i’d been making bags on and off since the start of morsbags in 2007, and had still only made 900! blooming life kept getting in the way! haha!

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Thank you all! I think it’s down to longevity, as Offcuts writes, and small numbers adding up into big numbers.

Ivybags commented on our output back in 2010
    https://morsbags.com/forum-archive/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2192
    “Whenever I log on in a morning and see who has added bags – I can guarantee that the last ones added just before midnight the night before are from the depths of Cornwall”

For years I’ve spent a little time on most days sewing. It’s relaxing and I like to take stuff that would have been thrown out and make it useful again. We’re lucky enough to be able to keep the sewing machines and kits etc out all the time – unless we’re expecting visitors.

As Butterfly writes “Every bag counts”

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.