Bagging at the gallery in Penzance

Morsbags HomeForumsyour areaBagging at the gallery in Penzance

This topic contains 16 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by sazzie sazzie 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

For ages now, we’ve thought we should do some guerilla bagging in a more distant town – Penzance, for example.
    And……
    A long time ago we had an invitation from Ros, a previous customer of ours, to do some bagging in an art gallery she’s involved with in Penzance.

So we’ve finally put it all together and agreed a date – we’re off to the Redwing Gallery in Penzance to do a make and take drop in workshop on Saturday 30th August.
    http://www.redwinggallery.co.uk/
    https://www.facebook.com/Redwinggallery

Looking forward to it already! 😀

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

We have eaten there and nearly bought a Barns-Graham print there. Lovely place to bag! I’m very envious!

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

They have a vegetarian/ vegan cafe in the gallery, serves cuban coffee & highly regarded cakes. I wonder if I’d be asked to leave if I take out a ham sandwich I made earlier? 😉

Krisaby
    Krisaby
    Participant

Ooooo well done! That sounds like it will make an interesting bagging experience. I have a feeling, though, eating hour ham sandwich in the cafe would be to them like someone swapping a morsbag for a plastic bag would seem to you! So don’t do it! Looking forward to one of your superb reports in due course – with photos of course.

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Yes that will be the one Grumpy and I went to Beattie!Its funny how vegetarianism/veganism is still looked upon as strange! I’m with Krisaby on this one! Its about respect 🙂

ivybags
    ivybags
    Participant

You are certainly bagging about in Cornwall this Summer. Redwing Gallery looks lovely, and looks as if it is similar to a new enterprise we have in Ivybridge, without the cafe (Look up Creative Connections in Ivybridge) I havent done a Morsbag workshop there, but I have been running learn to sew classes, and was involved in this

Spot my Singer in use

• This reply was modified 9 years, 8 months ago by ivybags ivybags.
    • This reply was modified 9 years, 8 months ago by ivybags ivybags.
    beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Point taken, Krisaby and Offcuts. 😀

Great story and lovely photo, Ivybags. Did you take it, as you’re not in it? Are they the bags hanging up at the back – they’re lovely & gorgeous fabrics.

Well done, getting so many made in a day 😀

ivybags
    ivybags
    Participant

beattie – I was there for the first hour, but I had to go to work at midday, so I left my Singer there – the lady using it was delighted – she has arthritis, and was worried about using a modern machine she didnt know And yes, they are all hanging at the back – dont they look lovely. Apparently some woman who have to have a double mastectomy may have 4 drains, so tha bags are perfect, and look nice too

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Spent the evening ironing kits in case we have a massive influx of eager stitchers next Saturday. It’s not my fave job – reminded my why we just “fold and sew” when it’s only us sewing! A bit much to ask of a newbie though, hence the chore.

Krisaby
    Krisaby
    Participant

Looking forward to the report on how it goes on Saturday. It has the makings of a terrific event.
    I sometimes fold and sew and sometimes get an ironing phase – it depends on time and mood!
    Talking about time and mood – I have timed the wait between click and happening on this website. The average wait is ten seconds. I think the acceptable time is recognised as four seconds. Sometimes it is more than ten seconds. Yawn!

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Have you checked your connection speed Agwen? Masterclock uses this site to check it – http://www.internetfrog.com/mypc/speedtest/

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Posting that took 6 seconds…

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Krisaby not Agwen!

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Posting that took 2 seconds!

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Whoops, thanks for the correction, Offcuts

Have you checked your connection speed Krisaby? Masterclock uses this site to check it – http://www.internetfrog.com/mypc/speedtest/

Sorry for the mistake, Krisaby and Agwen! 😳

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.