1000+ bags!

This topic contains 42 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Catherine Appleton Catherine Appleton 9 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

Aggie Baggies had a batch of labels sponsored by a local pub. We had a sign up at events to say as much. Otherwise, we’ve just paid up. Morsbagging is a very cheap hobby by all yardsticks and we get more than a few pence worth of entertainment out of making and giving away each bag. 😀

Agwen
    Agwen
    Participant

My other half is our sponsor.(aka teaboy) He says he isn’t going to make any bags but by buying the labels he is doing his bit to help. When we have a bag making session here he also makes the tea (or coffee)

beattie
    beattie
    Keymaster

That’s nice Agwen! 😀

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Thats lovely Agwen! Every pod has different arrangements. As Beattie says it is a cheap hobby and very rewarding for all concerned. I have just heard that our printing has been sponsored next year, thank you Tony!

Catherine Appleton
    Catherine Appleton
    Participant

yesterday i went to the big autumn beach clean, organised by surfers against sewage and our local beach clean group – afterwards i handed out 25 bags to volunteers, and spread the morsbags message into the local surfers against sewage folks. even though they’re all young and cool dudes they seemed to love morsbags, to the extent that one of the young lovelies joined my pod later the same day. it’s great to have a stock of bags ready to take to events – i love where i live!

offcuts
    offcuts
    Participant

Thats great news Cathapple.

Catherine Appleton
    Catherine Appleton
    Participant

i was given lots of bits of fabric by a lady who makes stuff to sell, they’re big enough for patchwork etc so i’ll put them on ebay in bag loads – any money made can go in the labels fund

Catherine Appleton
    Catherine Appleton
    Participant

i hope this is allowed (because i’ve already done it, lol!). we were given a load of fabric offcuts, too small for morsbags, so i’ve advertised them on a local facebook sales page, they’re ideal for patchwork etc. if they sell then the money will go in our labels fund (and the buyer will get them in a free morsbag!)

Catherine Appleton
    Catherine Appleton
    Participant

and the fabric off cuts have sold, so that’s £8 towards another lot of labels yay!

Krisaby
    Krisaby
    Participant

Good thinking Cathapple!

Catherine Appleton
    Catherine Appleton
    Participant

and the lady that bought them (delivered to her in a morsbag, of course!) has joined our pod – double yay! lol

Krisaby
    Krisaby
    Participant

I think that is just splendid!

Catherine Appleton
    Catherine Appleton
    Participant

and i’m going to her house tomorrow to collect a load of fabric she’s donating for bagmaking!

Joby
    Keymaster

Great stuff. If you do manage to get a Waitrose green token scheme going we will receive the money from Waitrose shortly after it is finished – we can then offset that against any future labels orders as if having your account in credit.
    This is something we plan to speak to Waitrose about in more detail and will report back.

Joby
    Keymaster

And I see nothing wrong with that re material Cathapple – if it is too small to make morsbags then why not let it generate label funding!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.